Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,271 times

Advertisements

I took a year to check out different areas of the South and ended up in Houston this last year. I dont know but something is calling me back to Omaha. I MISS it.
I left when alot of development was happening and I am sure it is great now that aksarben, midtown, is blossoming. I miss the people, I miss the simplicity, i even miss the snow and low temps, and I hear you all now have a Trader Joes.
I lived in Omaha for 7 years moving from Colorado and it truly became home to me. I don't know if I am just homesick but am trying to get back there this summer. Here Is to finding a job which will allow me to come home.
I am a nanny and am hoping to get the salary range I had when I left. Anyone know of any nanny jobs available. I left in search of greener pastures not knowing that I already had pretty green pastures.

Any words of encouragement would be wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 07:45 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,562,245 times
First word of encouragement - you are not alone.

I know many that have done the same as you. Also know many many military that have lived all over the US and world who have no ties here - when they get assigned they make that comment of this "feels like home". I know a number that have retired here or worked to get a second assignment here for that same reason.

Good luck with the Nanny search.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:28 AM

109 posts, read 281,273 times
Omaha will do that to a person. I am from Grand Island but I spent lots of time in Omaha and I'm craving to get there. Certain things stick in one's head - for me it's seeing the skyline, the HARD Omaha rains, walking in the old market, and Omaha Royals (NOT the stormchasers - worst name ever) games. Good luck to you in finding your way back to Omaha.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:48 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,197,024 times
Everybody comes back it seems like. I have met a lot of people that are not from here that move here, leave, then want to come back here for good. I moved to Las Vegas and couldn't wait to get back, my sister is going to be moving back from the Tampa, FL area.

It's a great city that many people seem to not know what they have until the leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: