Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:28 AM

660 posts, read 2,440,668 times

Advertisements

hey all
single mom and was wondering if anybody could help me find a place
looking for not very metropolitan or a college town has rent for less than $650 a month (and thats pushing it) in a small town that has stuff to do for kids like public pool/ lake for swimming fairs-festivals some holiday stuff has daycare or babysitters , diners bars stores that would be hiring
and where church is a big part of life
havent been back here for almost 4 years and only been to ok city dont know much about if its changed
thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 01:44 AM

8 posts, read 76,923 times
Check into Skiatook, Ok. It's a large town (population around 7,000) approximately 15 minutes from Tulsa with a great atmosphere. They are wrapping up renovations on the public pool, and Skiatook Lake is great for recreation only 5-10 miles west of town. There's alot of Churches to chose from, 3 daycares (that I know of) and rent for a 2 bed room apartment is around $400 a month. There's a great sense of community, and although Skiatook is struggling right now with the "good-ole boy" politics, it has a great opportunity for growth.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:04 PM

do you know of any towns outside of ok city love it there but dont want to live in the city

Old 02-05-2007, 04:40 PM

6 posts, read 31,986 times
Default Towns outside of OKC

If you are looking for smaller towns outside of OKC, I would try Norman, Purcell, Goldsby/Washington and if your looking to go a little further south, try Pauls Valley or Ardmore. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these towns and they all seem to have the environment your looking for. All have really good people and would be wonderful places to raise a family on a budget!

Old 02-06-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuby View Post
If you are looking for smaller towns outside of OKC, I would try Norman, Purcell, Goldsby/Washington and if your looking to go a little further south, try Pauls Valley or Ardmore. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these towns and they all seem to have the environment your looking for. All have really good people and would be wonderful places to raise a family on a budget!
oh yea i forgot about norman been there a few times and liked it
i'll have to check those places out
thanks

Old 03-31-2007, 03:14 PM

20 posts, read 98,740 times
Default Wilburton

We have a state park and a lot of churches here. It's very laid back and quiet. It's also near McAlester which has a lot of places to eat and things to do.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:08 AM

77 posts, read 523,917 times
Default El Reno

Both OKC and TULSA have great small towns outside the metros. Just look them up. Whenever someone wants a small town to live in i usually say El Reno! But i am OKC. It is somewhat of a historic town or thats what their intention is of promoting it. It does have a historic train that runs around town- they say beautiful old homes line the area. I havent been in a long time-but i have heard its great for children because of some kind of free water park- check it out. Country side kind of town. Good luck

Old 04-03-2007, 11:38 AM

3 posts, read 17,556 times
Look at Kingfisher. Beautiful homes - about 45 minutes to downtown OKC, about 5000 people, awesome indoor year round swimming pool- with tons of slides. (We drive up there in the winter for my son to swim).
More & more OKC people moving up there....

Old 04-09-2007, 08:15 PM

5 posts, read 28,765 times
Hello .... I am a single mother as well and have been living in Edmond for the last three years. I want to move out but stay close to Edmond. My kids have ATV's and want to be able to utilize them.... I have heard that Jones Ok is really been discovered and is a good place to live. Has anyone heard anything I might want to know about Jones??? I know getting out just a little bit from the city limits rentals are much more reasonable. Edmond is getting way high for everything. Let me hear some feedback on the town if anyone knows. The research I have done seems really good so far! You might want to look into that town as well. Having Edmond as the nearest place would be good since it's a very nice place with everything to offer.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:02 PM

5 posts, read 28,765 times
yes considering Kingfisher as well.. very cute town!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma