Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 09:30 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,970,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Geez, I am still on the march towards 300 lbs. I can't BELIEVE how much I weigh now. All I need is a drastic lap band surgery and to have all my teeth pulled, my jaws wired shut and to be dropped off in the Panhandle and told to walk home.

That is the only way I am going to lose weight.
redbird, you need to take that act on the road. You're seriously funny!

All I've done is limit my calorie intake. The ONLY way I can do that is by eating veggies and extremely lean fish and stuff. Mostly veggies. Plus, I use a lot of spices to make things tasty. You can pretty much eat all of the steamed vegetables that you want and you'll drop weight fast, at least I do. I was at 190 and now I'm down to 175.

My goal is to drop enough weight to where it doesn't put as much strain on my one leg (the one that is slightly shorter than the other one). At 165, I was in prime shape and so I should be able to be walking, even running again soon.

THEN, I can eat THE GOOD STUFF (Mexican! Italian! Okie) once or twice a week and still maintain my weight.

Seriously, you ought to try the vegetable and fish (with very little red meat) diet. Like I said, normally I cannot handle a diet but spices make the world of difference.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:14 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,634,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
You should see them without having been in a car for 12 hours and with Okie hair-dos. We had just arrived about an hour before that picture

He looks a lot like I did at his age...
He picked up the music from me too.

Did I mention I brought my best firearms with me?
AND... That my NH carry license is good in OK until I
"officially" become an Okie resident?.

I have no clue why I've been so blessed...
For whatever reason, God seems to like me most of the time.

GP seems to have most of his stuff under control here...
He's not clueless...
Besides, we'll be living within driving distance of them....
They'll never have to pay for IT work as long as I'm an Okie.
I thought GP was also a computer expert. That was really nice of them to put you all up.

On the Turner Turnpike, the speed limit is 75, but they usually go 80.

You have such a nice family. I agree, God must really like you.

You'll have to come down and shoot with my hubby one of these days. He has all his targets all set up now. Tip: don't make any bets with him.

Okay, so you will be within driving distance of GP, and you will be an Okie. We need more clues.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocoldiron View Post
Sneaking in to say "Hey" also! Do house prices drop during tornado season? My sweetie watches the weather channel with big eyes right now.Go Ted go! My brother once took me home from the Dallas airport at 95 miles an hour and thought he was hot s#*t cause he could drive in the commuter lane.Computerguy,how big a trailer and how bad was your gas mileage? We are still having big debate in house about size of travel trailer and can the truck pull it over the mountain ranges.Since I live on the coast,may just scenic drive down 101 for my last look at the ocean for a while and to avoid some of the mountains.Got 3 miles to the gallon on the trip here from Kansas. Ouch!! PS Washington DC holds the record,in my opinion, of worse places to drive!!! CA was a breeze,just drive fast and be polite,most of them have guns and don't hunt.
My eyes were pretty big the other night. We were thinking about taking shelter, or my sis and I were. The guys were outside watching. Of course, they were both born in Oklahoma, unlike us.

We drove over the mountain passes in Colorada in a Nissan XTerra a few years ago. We had 4 people in the car & luggage, and we literally had to floor it to keep out of the slow truck lanes. We were getting about 8 mpg.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:11 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,408,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
I thought GP was also a computer expert. That was really nice of them to put you all up.
Yep!
They are really good people...
And fun too.

Quote:
On the Turner Turnpike, the speed limit is 75, but they usually go 80.
Yeah, but I'm not interested in meeting the OKHP too soon.

Quote:
You have such a nice family. I agree, God must really like you.
I have no idea why, but I'm not in the habit of questioning Him.
I'm just very thankful.

Quote:
You'll have to come down and shoot with my hubby one of these days. He has all his targets all set up now. Tip: don't make any bets with him.
That's right.... You guys have some acreage down there don't you.

Quote:
Okay, so you will be within driving distance of GP, and you will be an Okie. We need more clues.

20 minutes from the center of the big city....
About 90 minutes from Hooterville.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:09 PM

Is the big city Tulsa?

Old 04-12-2008, 03:24 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,463,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Yep!
They are really good people...
And fun too.

Yeah, but I'm not interested in meeting the OKHP too soon.

I have no idea why, but I'm not in the habit of questioning Him.
I'm just very thankful.

That's right.... You guys have some acreage down there don't you.

20 minutes from the center of the big city....
About 90 minutes from Hooterville.
In which direction?

Old 04-12-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Is the big city Tulsa?
Give that girl a cookie!

Old 04-12-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
In which direction?
West........

Old 04-12-2008, 05:23 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,970,852 times
GP, what you did was beyond nice. It just reinforces all of those "good" Okie stereotypes. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone..

Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,800,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
GP, what you did was beyond nice. It just reinforces all of those "good" Okie stereotypes. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone..
I agree, I'm sure the last thing GP wants to develop is an image of being a "nice guy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma