Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,506,967 times

Advertisements

6 years of trying to leave Indiana for the west coast. So 3 months I have been in San Luis Obispo, CA. I must say I actually miss northern Indiana. What do I miss? I miss the cool corn fields. I miss being able to just park anywhere n not have a meter to pay. I miss my family. But I do like driving out into the mountains and vineyards and seeing deer, Orange trees, and beautiful California countryside. So its not all bad. This post is mainly for those like me who struggle to leave Indiana for greener pastures. Just know that Indiana is not that bad. I was arrogant when I left and soon discovered that every place has its ups n downs. If your like I was and hate Indiana n wanna move west please pm me. I like the coast, but I miss lots of things in Indiana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 10:20 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,551,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
6 years of trying to leave Indiana for the west coast. So 3 months I have been in San Luis Obispo, CA. I must say I actually miss northern Indiana. What do I miss? I miss the cool corn fields. I miss being able to just park anywhere n not have a meter to pay. I miss my family. But I do like driving out into the mountains and vineyards and seeing deer, Orange trees, and beautiful California countryside. So its not all bad. This post is mainly for those like me who struggle to leave Indiana for greener pastures. Just know that Indiana is not that bad. I was arrogant when I left and soon discovered that every place has its ups n downs. If your like I was and hate Indiana n wanna move west please pm me. I like the coast, but I miss lots of things in Indiana.
Move back
the Next best thing to Mountains are the hills and caves of Southern Indiana and Lake Michigan beats ANY ocean cause you can actually drink the water and it has waves and everything an ocean has minus sharks chewing you up

Old 11-22-2011, 04:16 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,560,928 times
While I do understand you missing Indiana,I'm not sure I would leave SLO. I retired from Sierra Vista and left SLO because I didnt think my pension would allow me to travel and spoil my grandkids. Hwy1. Yosemite. Pismo. Thursday night farmers market, Bubble Gum alley.See Canyon and Avila Beach. Montana De Oro and Morro Rock. I wish I could have afforded to stay.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:44 PM

44,467 posts, read 20,252,965 times
Quote:
Yes, there are many things to love about IN. I've been in NWI my entire life (57 years) except for one year when I was in my late 20s when I sought greener pastures in MO. Loved MO, but missed IN and came back.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:53 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,551,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Yes, there are many things to love about IN. I've been in NWI my entire life (57 years) except for one year when I was in my late 20s when I sought greener pastures in MO. Loved MO, but missed IN and came back.
The Boomerang effect at its finest

Old 11-26-2011, 09:34 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,506,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
While I do understand you missing Indiana,I'm not sure I would leave SLO. I retired from Sierra Vista and left SLO because I didnt think my pension would allow me to travel and spoil my grandkids. Hwy1. Yosemite. Pismo. Thursday night farmers market, Bubble Gum alley.See Canyon and Avila Beach. Montana De Oro and Morro Rock. I wish I could have afforded to stay.
Yeah Capt. Dan there are lots of things I do love here in CA, just took a 4 hour hike in the mountains and the weather n views were perfect, lots of wildlife and its an amazing place. I think I just miss my brothers most, and like I said being able to just park anywhere lol. There is a chance ill move back but not too soon. As far as lake Michigan being compared to the pacific ocean, I can't really agree on that but I respect it. There's an entire culture here that's worlds different from what I grew up around, but I dig it. Seeing a 70 year old man surfing while his dog hangs out in his pickup truck is kinda cool, lol.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Yeah Capt. Dan there are lots of things I do love here in CA, just took a 4 hour hike in the mountains and the weather n views were perfect, lots of wildlife and its an amazing place. I think I just miss my brothers most, and like I said being able to just park anywhere lol. There is a chance ill move back but not too soon. As far as lake Michigan being compared to the pacific ocean, I can't really agree on that but I respect it. There's an entire culture here that's worlds different from what I grew up around, but I dig it. Seeing a 70 year old man surfing while his dog hangs out in his pickup truck is kinda cool, lol.
I've done much traveling over the years and have visited many farmers markets. I have yet to find even one that compares to Thursday nights on Higuera!

Old 11-28-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Dang!! Youre old!!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 09:43 AM

44,467 posts, read 20,252,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Dang!! Youre old!!!!
Yeah, yeah....don't remind me.

Need I remind you that you're not far behind? *heh heh*

Indiana - Come up and see it sometime!
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Yeah, yeah....don't remind me.

Need I remind you that you're not far behind? *heh heh*

Indiana - Come up and see it sometime!
But you'll always be the cougar!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana