Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:32 PM

201 posts, read 541,002 times

Advertisements

Paul,
Here is the pics of us and the gifts I gave you:
Also one that Mark made, he's so silly. I look much different now. My hair is stright. No more 80's look... well once in a while. LOL. For those who are wondering why I made him a cross, it is because at that time he was questioning his faith and I thought it might help.
Cheryl
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of Paul-p1100440.jpg   Pics of Paul-p1100436.jpg   Pics of Paul-p1160445.jpg   Pics of Paul-p1160444.jpg   Pics of Paul-paul.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:45 PM

32,640 posts, read 78,018,584 times
That was a wonderful night indeed, and I apologize for not getting around myself to photographing those gifts to post them here on City-Data for all to see. You'll be happy to hear that I am no longer questioning my faith. I have firmly decided to seek out a Lutheran Church-ELCA congregation when I relocate to Virginia in a couple of months---a sharp division from my more rigid Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod but one in which I can still worship and not be made to feel unwelcome, as I felt recently during a poignant anti-gay sermon.

How have you two been feeling? Hopefully with the nicer weather on the way you can get out and about to take advantage of the warmth (well, maybe not tonight since I just walked in the door shivering, but you get the idea!) LOL! '80's look? Hardly. You looked beautiful then, Cheryl, and I'm sure you look just as lovely now as ever! I only wish I had more time that evening to hang around and chat, but alas that corrugated piping guy had to drive me bonkers! LOL!

Old 03-23-2009, 07:49 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,150,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
That was a wonderful night indeed, and I apologize for not getting around myself to photographing those gifts to post them here on City-Data for all to see. You'll be happy to hear that I am no longer questioning my faith. I have firmly decided to seek out a Lutheran Church-ELCA congregation when I relocate to Virginia in a couple of months---a sharp division from my more rigid Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod but one in which I can still worship and not be made to feel unwelcome, as I felt recently during a poignant anti-gay sermon.

How have you two been feeling? Hopefully with the nicer weather on the way you can get out and about to take advantage of the warmth (well, maybe not tonight since I just walked in the door shivering, but you get the idea!) LOL! '80's look? Hardly. You looked beautiful then, Cheryl, and I'm sure you look just as lovely now as ever! I only wish I had more time that evening to hang around and chat, but alas that corrugated piping guy had to drive me bonkers! LOL!

Suave..dam you are so freaking Suave...

Old 03-23-2009, 09:44 PM

24,165 posts, read 32,863,660 times
Glad that you have decided to give ELCA a chance! I feel almost certain that this is a fit made in heaven. Be prepared for open minded folks with lots of opinions. You'll fit right in!

Best of luck in your accounting job. And remember that if accounting doesn't go the way you want you can always fall back on a more sensible trade like photojournalism, writing or stand up

Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 PM

32,640 posts, read 78,018,584 times
LMAO, BTW, on the excellent Jungle George-like photo-shopping of my face in the last photo!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,485,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
LMAO, BTW, on the excellent Jungle George-like photo-shopping of my face in the last photo!
Hey...HEY...HEY!!!! What y'all got against Hawaiian shirts??!!!

Hey Cheryl...you're 1 foxy mama!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 07:37 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,785,000 times
I thought maybe JG dropped the shirt off for ya'......
So nice to see everyone......
(Summering shaking hands.........shaking hands........and more hands.)
Beautiful pictures ( of course your all so photographic...)

Old 03-24-2009, 03:11 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,485,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I thought maybe JG dropped the shirt off for ya'......
Nope...just left some limes from our tree for Paul when we stopped in at Lowe's... The Hawaiian shirts are my uniform (along with khaki shorts & sandals...) & NOBODY gets them!!!!

Old 03-24-2009, 04:38 PM

30 posts, read 100,266 times
You might also want to check out the Episcopal church, ScranBarre. I grew up in the LC-MS, too, but made the switch to my husband's church when we got married (though I have to admit, I haven't been attending for some time). I am sad, though, that so many of the conservative congregations have left in the past few years to form an Anglican church. One thing I really liked about the Episcopal church was the fact that people with very different viewpoints could peacefully co-exist, I thought.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:17 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,807,174 times
Nice pics....beautiful work Cheryl! A nice framed addition for Paul's new place!! And...I was wondering about Paul and that 'do'!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania