Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 02:38 PM

206 posts, read 306,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
I had an acquaintance that would turn hateful at the bat of an eye. After the 2nd outburst with me (and witnessing it directed at others a couple of times), I just refused to have anything to do with her. It's like being around a pot that could boil over at any time, for no reason. Life's too short to deal with people that have anger issues.
chery sometimes i forget that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 02:43 PM

21,017 posts, read 19,586,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
People change. And maybe you've changed and matured, so that you're more able to recognize the signs of mean behavior, and are less willing to put up with it. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses, and find better friends. Tell the person you will not tolerate meanness, so it's over. (If you want it to be over.) Cut them off if they try to rationalize it or lay a guilt trip on you, or whatever. Just say, "We're done here." and goodbye. You have to be firm with these types, or they'll use the slightest opening you provide to wheedle or manipulate.
I like this. I would just add, bec people do grow up, "When you stop being mean, call me."

Old 02-01-2014, 02:50 PM

1,913 posts, read 2,264,043 times
Sometimes people turn out not to be who we thought they were. You are wasting a lot of energy worrying about this person's opinion of you. You cannot change another person's heart. You cannot control another person's behavior; you can only control how you react to it. The only person you can control is the one inside your own skin. As long as you obsess over this person and the behavior that upsets you, you are allowing this person to have power over your life. Let it go. Get on with your life and make it what you want it to be. Living well really is the best revenge.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
Sometimes people turn out not to be who we thought they were. You are wasting a lot of energy worrying about this person's opinion of you. You cannot change another person's heart. You cannot control another person's behavior; you can only control how you react to it. The only person you can control is the one inside your own skin. As long as you obsess over this person and the behavior that upsets you, you are allowing this person to have power over your life. Let it go. Get on with your life and make it what you want it to be. Living well really is the best revenge.
Its hard

Old 02-01-2014, 03:18 PM

It's very imp we take care of "ourselves"!
And we don't then have to turn anything around and hurt others.
(I'm talking about myself and how I slip away from people so I don't hurt
them, bec boy, do I want to tell them off!)

Old 02-01-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I like this. I would just add, bec people do grow up, "When you stop being mean, call me."
i should have told them that along time ago ha ?

Old 02-01-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post

So my mom told me to forgive his ass talk to him again and at least say hi but i get flash backs of what he did. and the fact that he knew that was so wrong that he screamed at me like i was a piece of trash, i thought to myself **** that ****er and saying hi to him. Sometimes i don't want to even say hi to that wipe but after i calm down i miss the *******! its like i have been manipulated it does seem like these people did change their priorities for the worse! Some people when they become adults they have this attitude like its all about them now, and they pick up this dog eat dog thing.

Whats the deal with people and this dog eat dog world thing?

Old 02-01-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter921 View Post
i should have told them that along time ago ha ?
And next time you will....we're always learning from our past experiences or mistakes.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:35 PM

4,862 posts, read 8,005,429 times
Peter your a guy. Men don't have issues with someone treating them mean. Just shut the person down and keep it moving. Problem solved.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:27 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,038,606 times
The point is, they hurt your feelings, they made you feel bad, and instead of saying "wow man, I'm really sorry, I didn't realize, but I'd still like to be friends and I'll make sure to be more careful and not hurt your feelings again" they basically acted like you are the one with the problem. Which means they don't care.

I'd stick to my guns and tell them "the fact you won't even apologize just further validates why we shouldn't be friends anymore, good luck out there."

And then that's it, no phone calls, no emails, nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships