Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 08:44 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,273 times

Advertisements

Seriously, where do the Latinas in this town hang out? For years now I've been hitting up the LES, EV, MeatPacking, SoHo, Tribeca, Midtown, UES, UWS etc. etc. and these areas certainly have no shortage of good nightlife, but they tend to be predominantly white (with some exceptions).

My buddies and I are really looking to meet some Latin women and we honestly have no clue where to start. We tried going uptown (Dyckman area) but were completely underwhelmed by the nightlife there...probably because we're used to hitting up a dozen or so packed bars at 1 am all within 2 minutes walking distance of each other haha (think the LES or EV on a Friday/Saturday night and you get the idea).

Anyway, if anyone has any advice on neighborhoods to meet Latin women (in or out of Manhattan!) please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 09:35 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
Seriously, where do the Latinas in this town hang out? For years now I've been hitting up the LES, EV, MeatPacking, SoHo, Tribeca, Midtown, UES, UWS etc. etc. and these areas certainly have no shortage of good nightlife, but they tend to be predominantly white (with some exceptions).

My buddies and I are really looking to meet some Latin women and we honestly have no clue where to start. We tried going uptown (Dyckman area) but were completely underwhelmed by the nightlife there...probably because we're used to hitting up a dozen or so packed bars at 1 am all within 2 minutes walking distance of each other haha (think the LES or EV on a Friday/Saturday night and you get the idea).

Anyway, if anyone has any advice on neighborhoods to meet Latin women (in or out of Manhattan!) please let me know!
Puerto RIcans have Americanized lately. Your best bet is either Dominican women that proliferate around Washington Heights/Inwood or West Bronx, or Andean South American that live in Queens. But be cautiouso with these women, there nothing but full of game, also they tend to be mothers that's if you enjoy milfs.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:37 PM

779 posts, read 1,003,418 times
Better luck in a latin country, too many NY chicks are sour

Old 11-06-2015, 10:10 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
If you want latín women go to the source. Never uproot a flower from its' soil.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:59 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
I wonder the same exact thing

East Village/LES nightlife actually is pretty diverse but Hispanics seem a little under represented

Old 11-06-2015, 11:16 AM

278 posts, read 252,221 times
Try SOB's on Varick Street, for latin night(Friday's, I think). They give salsa lessons as well. I was there a couple of months ago, and it was packed full with my Latina sisters, and not that many men to be found.

It's a 30's and over crowd, so if you're in your twenties, and not into the older chicas, it won't be for you.

Problem is us Boriqua's are spread out everywhere, we don't hang out in the same places, we have mixed friends and
we go to mixed places.

Good luck!

Old 11-06-2015, 12:35 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
In downtown Manhattan, try Latin Quarter, or Copacabana near Times Square, if not try iguana also near Times Square if you don't feel like going out of your way to Central Queens, West Bronx or Washington Heights or Inwood. LES is full of Muarry Hill, and Williamsburg crowd and mainly transient white populace with sprinkles of transient suburban blacks and Asians. But becareful with Latina's from NYC. Most of the time Latina's here are not into transient white men compared to Asian and black women unless she has a college education and or has head on her shoulder.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:58 PM

278 posts, read 252,221 times
I forgot to mention, that Meetups have single groups for all age groups, and they have events all over the city.
I am a member of several Business Professionals Latino groups, that hold some really good events throughout the city. I am also a member of Single groups that do the same exact thing.

The Latino groups have quite a few non Latino members, and the Single groups are mixed. I have had great luck with the venues, and have met many great people, my only complaint is that it's heavily female, so as a guy, you would do great!
Lots of really, nice professional, beautiful single ladies at these venues!

Old 11-06-2015, 01:43 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Puerto RIcans have Americanized lately. Your best bet is either Dominican women that proliferate around Washington Heights/Inwood or West Bronx, or Andean South American that live in Queens. But be cautiouso with these women, there nothing but full of game, also they tend to be mothers that's if you enjoy milfs.
The uneducated ones ended up young mothers for the most part. There are exceptions to that rule, however. A Latina friend of mine who got pregnant at 16 finished school, got a degree in Marine Biology and went into the Coast Guard.

On the flip side, 2 white friends of mine (one who likes to act Spanish) got pregnant at 16, but also did nothing with their lives. It can go both ways. A lot of the girls I grew up with either didn't have kids until marriage or still don't have them, and they are all mixed.

I agree with the suggestion of Latin Quarter (that still exists??) and Copacabana. There also used to be a few clubs in the Bronx, Ibiza Lounge, Havana Cafe, Salsa Con Fuego and Don Coqui in New Rochelle.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:22 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Also, I don't think the OP is only looking for places that are blatantly Latin themed, simply places where Latinas hang out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City