Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:11 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,000,933 times

Advertisements

He is done...I dunno why he is running for Prez..he would not even win NY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
....and my wish is that we NEVER see a man like Rudolph W. Giuliani in City Hall again!
would you rather have more mayors like dinkins?

Old 01-23-2008, 04:07 PM

Lol...heck no! I want more Mayors like BLOOMIE....Bloomie for Prez!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:46 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
would you rather have more mayors like dinkins?
You want mayors that shut entire ethnic groups out of City Hall, be my guest! I sure don't!

Old 01-28-2008, 11:28 PM

59 posts, read 253,864 times
Yeah back in the day, NYC was crazy. Its nothing compared to Philly, Camden or Detroit these days though.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:46 AM

6 posts, read 9,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRisingSon View Post
Yeah back in the day, NYC was crazy. Its nothing compared to Philly, Camden or Detroit these days though.
Not really. 99% of the post in this thread are exaggerations. I doubt most of these people were even around at that time. There were more bad neighborhoods then but these people make it sound like some kind of anarchy. Some lawless escape from NY bull. Basically look at a high crime neighborhood in NYC today. That was much of the city, those problems. There was less economic segregation in the past. A lot of poverty across the entire island of Manhattan not just uptown like today. Different demographics. Throw in some crack+much more extortion and some more addicts and you have the 1980's. The 70's would be heroine.

The exaggerations on here are laughable. BTW, as someone who has spend plenty time in Philly, Camden, Newark, ect. I will agree those places have more bad areas then NYC. Especially Newark and Camden. However the worst places in all these cities feel virtually the same. Violent crime is common and poverty widespread.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:29 AM

I can agree with your posting Truth.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:39 PM

307 posts, read 2,507,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Oh please, you're ridiculous. You have absolutely no clue. This and you saying drugs can be found anywhere are false statements. No they cant!
Drugs are not in the nicer neighborhoods, and if there is any it is almost non-existant...and is not a factor like say it is in Fordham.

But you have a clue? Hmm...it's pretty naive to think that drugs can just be found in bad neighborhoods...such Bull****!!! There are plenty of drug dealers in the trendy areas like the East Village or whatever...these days you can get drugs on any corner. Do you really think that drug dealers cant have a decent apt. on the UES and still hustle on the side???

Quote:
And gangs? Please. Gangs are plenty in the Bronx...I could point out to you specific gangs and what they run. But I wont bore you. Gangs are also a problem in Uptown...parts of Brooklyn and Queens. But the nicer areas of the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens do NOT suffer from gangs. Sad truth is that the people living in these nice neighborhoods are proffesionals, and are looking to advance in life; why would they or there kids waste time and gangbang? You seem to think that the bad in the city applies everywhere.....there are bad parts and good parts of the city for a reason.
That's why a lot of the rich folks moves uptown to harlem cuz its so bad...

Old 02-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
NYCTGO..it is unfortunate you have such a pessimistic view of the Bronx. Maybe you live in the housing projects? Maybe you have only been exposed to the negativity and poverty of the Bronx and not much else? Maybe you/a family member is a cop and only see/hear all that is wrong with the world? Maybe you have never left the poor areas of the Bronx? Maybe you are constantly surrounded by the wrong element? Maybe you are just negative?

I cannot say why you are pessimistic about the Bronx and believe it is getting worse. I don't doubt that you were robbed at gunpoint...as this happens ALL over the city. But I can also say I am a lifelong resident of Mott Haven..and as "white" as they are in this community...and I have never been robbed, attacked, assaulted, stabbed, shot, or anything similar. It should be noted that I do not hang out with the homies, don't hang in the projects, don't hang out at the bodega, do not patronize the local "clubs", and don't dress the part of the hoodrat either (my pants are on my waste, actually fit me, and do not own anything SeanJohn/Mecca/FUBU etc). So your experience is no less accurate as mine.

And I do see the Bronx as improving and contuing to improve..and I can give you all the reasons why. Why do you and SuperMario see it getting worse? Reasons please.

Hold up....but you (may be Im wrong, if Im mistaken you, I apologize) think the same way about Harlem??? I could ask you the same question above, why you insist that Harlem is one of the worst neighborhood. With no signs of change?

to the marked sentence: same here and Im female!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Basically there are more users and dealers in the ghetto. Tell me why would a drug dealer sell in the UWS? He wont have many customers. Those people are too busy making money and living in wealth to buy. Also If you're living in the UWS you have to have money. So you wont have any poor thug selling drugs to make ends meet. That's why it's more out in the open in Fordham. People are accustomed to it and it's part of the culture there. You also have PLENTY of customers. But I wont deny that even some rich people snort a pound or two a day. Just that it's rare.

Are you serious??? Because the rich kids have plenty of money to spend and a lot of time to lose... Do you know how many wealthy and successful business men are ****in coke heads??? I cant believe you are that ignorant!! And no it's not rare, it's just not that obvious and outstanding like in the 'ghetto' probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City