Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 03:43 PM

791 posts, read 1,153,749 times

Advertisements

What are some of the hottest shows on the cable television lineup of New York City? Pawn Stars on the History Channel could be on the top of the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 04:34 PM

15,595 posts, read 15,655,549 times
I don't know, but I'm getting fed up lately with so many things being classified as "hot" (or "cool," as the case may be), as though everyone's vocabulary is getting smaller and smaller. Personally, I can't imagine any television series being hot. Do you mean funny, or intense, or surprising, or clever, or innovative, beautifully produced, or enlightening? I can't imagine a pawn show being any of those.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:11 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,512,501 times
Pretty much nothing on The History Channel deserves to be there.

I'm in my 20's, but I still feel justified using the phrase "I remember a time when" as it relates to when The History Channel actually showed interesting historical programs.

Now it's idiots that live in a swamp and shows about pawning crap. Go stand in a pawn shop for a half hour if you're really that interested.

When I first heard about the Swamp People show and that it was about guys who kill alligators in a swamp, I thought it would be mildly entertaining, if just for the fact that there would be men attacking one of the few creatures that could actually stand a chance against them. Then I found out that all they do is set traps for the alligators, then they just paddle up to, and shoot it in the head with a shotgun. You've got to be kidding me. At least give the alligator a knife.

While I'm on my soapbox, another "reality" show I hate is House Hunters on HGTV. I read a blog by someone that was on the show, and they explained how it works. To be considered for the show, you must have already closed on one of three houses that you're going to go see. The other two are just dummy houses that you have no interest in purchasing. This woman couldn't find two other sellers that were willing to let a full camera crew come through their house, so she simply used two of her friends' houses to play the role of "potential buys". They weren't even on the market!

Moral of the story, cancel your cable subscription.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:11 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
True Blood
Game of Thrones
Veep
reruns of THE BIG BANG THEORY
Selling New York
Million Dollar Homes...New York
Mad Men
Louis C.K.
ARROW
The Vampire Diaries
Flipping Boston
BBC news

Quote:
The History Channel actually showed interesting historical programs.
When it first aired people referred to it as THE HITLER CHANNEL.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:38 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,512,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
When it first aired people referred to it as THE HITLER CHANNEL.
Yeah I remember that. They did have a pretty heavy slant towards WWII programming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: