Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:58 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Ruidoso or somewhere in that area.
Is there a health food store and places to work out? Anybody know a good massage therapist in that area?
I would appreciate some feedback.
Peace....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 04:15 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,289,325 times
http://www.ruidosoathleticclub.com/

You can get alot of healthy foods from locals who raise or grow there own.
My old man lives in the area and some gal delivers eggs, goats milk and cheese to him every couple of weeks. He is into organic stuff and he is able to find what he needs down there.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:01 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
http://www.ruidosoathleticclub.com/

You can get alot of healthy foods from locals who raise or grow there own.
My old man lives in the area and some gal delivers eggs, goats milk and cheese to him every couple of weeks. He is into organic stuff and he is able to find what he needs down there.
OMG. They have an aquatics center/athletic club.

That may just change my plans....I had no idea!!!

Dang!!! Thanks so MUCH for the info, YB. And goat's milk/cheese/eggs on top of that!!!

Old 10-26-2006, 05:36 PM

Yb, thank-you so much for the info.
I would much rather get it from the locals and/or farmers market. Health food stores are fun for me and I enjoy looking around at all the stuff.
The athletic club sounds nice. Trying to get in shape and stay that way. Do you live around the area also?

Cathy4017, what part of w. texas do you live? I live in Fredericksburg.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:16 PM

Cathy4017, what part of w. texas do you live? I live in Fredericksburg.

Song, I live in Midland!

Do you like Fburg? I haven't been there in a long time, but I go through there when I drive down to see my sister outside of South Austin.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:03 PM

hi cathy,
I do like Fbg. as far as living here but it is hot.
We are heading to Terlingua next weekend to the chili cookoff and I guess it's even hotter there.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:06 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,289,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Yb, thank-you so much for the info. Do you live around the area also?
Your welcome!
I live a little north east of Albuquerque. I lived in the ruidoso area for several years. My wife and I have some acerage down there and will start building a place to relax in the future. We may have to head east to MA or CT for a few years as to expidite our plans on the house. I'm really dreading that as I have lived in the deserts of AZ and NM most of my life. I may be allergic to humidity .

BTW. You will not have any problem finding a massage theripist down there. You will have plenty to choose from. Try a few and choose the one that you like best.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:
hi cathy,
I do like Fbg. as far as living here but it is hot.
We are heading to Terlingua next weekend to the chili cookoff and I guess it's even hotter there.
Have fun, LOL!!!! I imagine it has cooled off a little bit by now!

But I hear you on the heat.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:03 PM

68 posts, read 355,518 times
Default wild herb market

Quote:
We are relocating to Ruidoso or somewhere in that area.
Is there a health food store and places to work out? Anybody know a good massage therapist in that area?
I would appreciate some feedback.
Peace....

there is a health store in ruidoso called the wild herb market..i think it is the only health food store in the area. ..never been there , heard it is not so bad..for a small town like ruidoso...

Old 10-29-2006, 08:15 AM

yb, I don't like humidity either but you will have something to look forward to in the future to moving back to Ruidoso.
thanks mikus for your input. i like to hang out at health food stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico