Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 10:08 AM

4 posts, read 9,849 times

Advertisements

Hi
I dont have a car and need to receive guests at Newark Airport.

Is it possible to use Airtrain to reach arrivals?
I searched online but could nt get enough info...

I will be taking NJTransit to reach NEWARK Airport from there board the Airtrain.
My doubt is if the service only available for departures or can be used for others to receive guests.
I have to reach to Terminal A (Domestic)

ND
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 10:42 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,393,597 times
You can take the AirTrain to any of the terminals, and from there, you're free to head wherever you need to go- on the non-secure side of the airport, of course.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:25 AM

Default Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
You can take the AirTrain to any of the terminals, and from there, you're free to head wherever you need to go- on the non-secure side of the airport, of course.
Thanks mate...
I have never been to Newark and no information says you can be at terminal to go out at arrivals.

Thanks for info

ND

Old 07-14-2010, 04:18 PM

181 posts, read 1,122,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd1981 View Post
Thanks mate...
I have never been to Newark and no information says you can be at terminal to go out at arrivals.

Thanks for info

ND
Just Keep in Mind that you will need to cross the turnstile to use the Monorail and it will cost you $5.50 for each trip to enter it and exiting it to the NJT Trains so you will spend $11.00 just to greet passengers at the terminals in addition to the Rail fare that you paid to get to the rail station.

the monorail is only free withing the terminals and the parking lots near the terminals although they will get you with parking fees

Old 07-14-2010, 07:57 PM

Smile what @ validations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpat55 View Post
Just Keep in Mind that you will need to cross the turnstile to use the Monorail and it will cost you $5.50 for each trip to enter it and exiting it to the NJT Trains so you will spend $11.00 just to greet passengers at the terminals in addition to the Rail fare that you paid to get to the rail station.

the monorail is only free withing the terminals and the parking lots near the terminals although they will get you with parking fees
Thanks for fair details...

I heard that there is some kinda validation of tkts, does that validation apply to AirTrain or its just a tkt..
Traveling by CAR is damn costly as my only option is by train..
Is there any other option to travel to Terminal A other than AirTrain, I ll be coming from Princeton Junction.

Thanks
ND

Old 07-14-2010, 08:00 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,863,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd1981 View Post
Thanks for fair details...

I heard that there is some kinda validation of tkts, does that validation apply to AirTrain or its just a tkt..
Traveling by CAR is damn costly as my only option is by train..
Is there any other option to travel to Terminal A other than AirTrain, I ll be coming from Princeton Junction.

Thanks
ND
You use ur Train ticket for the Airtrain.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:07 PM

Smile looks Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
You use ur Train ticket for the Airtrain.
Thanks but then I ll have to take a ticket till Terminal A or Newark Airport station?
That $ 5.50 will be included?
Also I think I will be able to purchase a tkt back from AirTrain station at Terminal A, right?
I dont intend to travel by plane,I ll return back to Princeton...

Thanks

ND

Old 07-14-2010, 08:38 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,863,665 times
You can buy the ticket in the terminal for the trip back to Princeton. Yes the Train ticket covers the Air train fare.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:18 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,596,404 times
The Air Train is automated and has no driver, you just get on or off at whichever stop you want, there are announcements as you ride along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: