Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:32 PM

91 posts, read 302,396 times

Advertisements

Nashville Shores Sold - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

Now that they bought Nashville Shores, which was boring at most, it will become something. Nashville Shores was fin and all, but lets face it, it was nothing compared to a six flags park. With this purchase, I think that Nashville Shores will finally expand and stop being a half asss water park. It will be a good one with big rides. Because lets be honest, anybody that has been to a six flags park can see the difference. I do not know if Nashville Shores will be changed to Six Flags something, because they do no work for six flags anymore. But, at least we will have a legit park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,842,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakland2nashville View Post
Nashville Shores Sold - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville

Now that they bought Nashville Shores, which was boring at most, it will become something. Nashville Shores was fin and all, but lets face it, it was nothing compared to a six flags park. With this purchase, I think that Nashville Shores will finally expand and stop being a half asss water park. It will be a good one with big rides. Because lets be honest, anybody that has been to a six flags park can see the difference. I do not know if Nashville Shores will be changed to Six Flags something, because they do no work for six flags anymore. But, at least we will have a legit park.
I think the title of this post is a bit misleading....

The article says the park was bought by FORMER six flags execs.

The article also says Nashville Shores will remain a water park...no plans for a theme park.

This is great news but people shouldn't get the wrong idea.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
I think the title of this post is a bit misleading....

The article says the park was bought by FORMER six flags execs.

The article also says Nashville Shores will remain a water park...no plans for a theme park.

This is great news but people shouldn't get the wrong idea.

i am pretty sure six flags associate think bigger then the park's previous owners

Old 11-03-2009, 08:13 PM

258 posts, read 1,034,684 times
Six Flags ruins parks. Luckily my park (Darien Lake) is still around after it was Six Flags Darien Lake (outside of Buffalo)

Six flags Geagua Lake killed Geagua Lake in ohio (outside of Cleveland)

Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 PM

the point is that six flags associates think bigger then the previous owners

the park might drastically improve

Old 11-03-2009, 08:16 PM

258 posts, read 1,034,684 times
Quote:
the point is that six flags associates think bigger then the previous owners

the park might drastically improve
this is true

you will get more rides and coasters

our park got like 3 more coasters and a crazy waterpark

http://www.godarienlake.com/

Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,842,595 times
Quote:
i am pretty sure six flags associate think bigger then the park's previous owners
I agree but this will not be a six flags park and that's what the title of this thread says.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:29 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,341,138 times
In my metro, we have Busch Gardens that was bought, but I think it's going to still be a Busch Gardens...

Old 11-04-2009, 08:00 AM

634 posts, read 1,419,634 times
This mornings news made clear that there is not going to be a theme park built there.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 AM

145 posts, read 515,312 times
No theme park, but it's nice to see people with real theme park experience coming to town. It should mean the Nashville Shores expansion and improvements will be well done. If they plan to have it all ready by the start of the 2010 season as stated, there's only so much that can be improved upon between now and then. It will be a better water park, campground and marina, taking advantage of its lakeside location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville