Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2007, 06:51 AM

156 posts, read 680,410 times

Advertisements

Hi there;
I am considering a move to Franklin,TN but I am concerned about how my daughter's allergy problems will do? She has done better over the past five years here in California. Can anyone with allergies attest to what might be in store for her or us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 08:25 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,639,061 times
Oh, honey let's talk. LOL! I moved to Franklin from Northern CA. The pine pollen was rough, but didn't last long in CA. Here in Franklin I had a terrible time. I never took anything for my allergies before, but I was so miserable I tried Claritin. It helped, for sure, but I still struggled. Then Flonase came into my life. I have NO problems with allergies anymore. I wish I had found it while still in CA. I am no longer a sniffling, sneezing, Kleenex by the bed pain in the butt. Not sure if meds are an option for your little one, but there are lots of allergists in the area who certainly advise you better than I .

Good luck. We love living here. Hope it goes well for you and your family. If you have any other questions about Franklin, just ask.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:16 AM

63 posts, read 402,701 times
Yet another California refugee. I also moved to Nashville from the San Fernando Valley some 8 years ago. Allergies are a major problem for many people here-particularly those from out of state. Many people who move here never had allergies before until they moved here-like myself. I would suggest to get her allergy tested at Vanderbilt, like I did. The test is simple and they present to you common allergens in the Nashville area. My worst seemed to be tree pollen- particulary Old Hickory and Oak.

Best wishes

Old 02-18-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Allergies, not for the faint hearted..

Thank you for your feedback. I fear my daughter is going to have a major problem with the tree pollens. She had a horrible time in Seattle,Wa. before we moved to San Diego. If we decide to make this move we will take your advice and have her tested at vanderbilt. Are you any better now and if so, did you have shots?
Thanks.
blueeyes721

Old 02-18-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Allergies questions..

Thank you for your feedback. We have tried flonase. I imagine we are going to need to try several things. We will have to get her tested here and then decide on the best course of treatment. I am glad to hear you have found relief and things have worked out for you. I hope we have the same success. Take care and thanks for your help.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 7,572 times
Default My allergies get worse each year!

I've suffered allergies for as long as I remember, but this year it's at it's worst, my eyes are affected much more than before as well sinus headaches.
I've tried Tylenol Severe and Benedryl Severe for allergies, I was allergeric to the Tylenol (made me itch) the Benedryl made me sleep. I used to take Entech LA back in the day when it had the Decongestant in it, after the FDA took the Decongestant out it was useless, I've also used Allegra-D, it was ok for a while. I've been told that Tennessee was the worst for allergy and asthma sufferes, go figure! Wish you luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: