Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 06:11 PM

255 posts, read 758,450 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone can suggest a good family friendly hotel that has an indoor pool. We are planning a visit for a possible relocation for our job but know absolutely NOTHING about Nashville area.

We would like to get a feel for the area but we travel with 3 young children and they need down time, as anyone with children knows. We would like to find a hotel that offers an indoor pool so the kids can relax after we drag them all over town. lol

Any suggestions about where to stay and things we should see would be greatly appreciated; we are trying to plan a visit by mid November so we have a little time.

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to respond for us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 09:01 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,646,255 times
Will you be downtown or the burbs? Lots of families choose a community in Williamson County. If so, you'll have plenty of good options in Brentwood and Franklin.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:05 PM

We are trying to decide what the best area would be to stay since we never visited. The job has an offer in Nashville but since I know nothing about the area I wanted to go for about 10 days and look around, get a feel for the area, and things to do and see with the kids.

We would like to be within a half hour drive from the basics like hospital (for my kids) and schools and shopping of course. So as you can read, we are wide open for suggestions of things to see and places to stay. I want to visit Mt. Juliet while I'm there also.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:57 PM

252 posts, read 391,921 times
Thumbs up Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia_magination View Post
Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone can suggest a good family friendly hotel that has an indoor pool. We are planning a visit for a possible relocation for our job but know absolutely NOTHING about Nashville area.

We would like to get a feel for the area but we travel with 3 young children and they need down time, as anyone with children knows. We would like to find a hotel that offers an indoor pool so the kids can relax after we drag them all over town. lol

Any suggestions about where to stay and things we should see would be greatly appreciated; we are trying to plan a visit by mid November so we have a little time.

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to respond for us!
We always stayed in the Hilton Suites in Brentwood. It is in a convenient location to both Nashville, Williamson and everywhere else. It is all suite so that should provide alot of room for the kids and most of all an Uber safe place! Wish ya'll Luck

Old 06-16-2008, 06:29 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,646,255 times
That's where we stayed too! On Overlook in Brentwood. Take the Old Hickory exit.

It was recommended by another CA family who moved here before us. Makes a great home base while exploring.

Good luck!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:33 PM

That is wonderful! Thanks so much, I was actually just checking it out on their website. Getting closer to a visit and can't wait!

Old 06-18-2008, 07:38 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,485,436 times
I enjoy the Embassy Suites airport location. Avoid the Homewood Suites on elm hill pike. My last experience there was less than desirable.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkinswife View Post
I enjoy the Embassy Suites airport location. Avoid the Homewood Suites on elm hill pike. My last experience there was less than desirable.
I considered this location when I was searching but was a little apprehensive due to the name...Airport. I live near Orlando in Florida and the thought of living near the airport here is a nightmare, so I decided not to go anywhere near a hotel that had Airport as the location. I am trying to avoid the hustle and business of the city life. We are actually looking into the Murfreesboro area to live but wanted to see what Nashville had to offer in the way of "life" and entertainment.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:07 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,380,056 times
My favorite one there was the Homewood Suites in the Maryland Farm Complex in Bentwood. It has a Hot breakfast included, and free light dinner, Mon -Thurs.
None in the area have indoor pools, but this one has an outdoor one.
I stayed in that a few times when buying a home here.

Extended Stay Hotel - Brentwood, Tennessee, TN - Homewood Suites Hotels

Diane G

Old 06-22-2008, 07:28 AM

39 posts, read 141,025 times
Quote:
We always stayed in the Hilton Suites in Brentwood.
We stayed there as well and it does have an indoor pool. And even though it was on the southside I found we weren't too terribly far from Hendersonville and Mt. Juliet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville