Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 12:31 PM

38 posts, read 153,367 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board, but glad to have found it! I am a soon-to-be-62 y.o. single adventurous lady currently living in Texas. It's way too hot here, and I'm ready for a change, ready to start another great adventure in my life (also going to be headed for flight attendant training soon).

I've been trying to come up with a new place to live and work out of and am seriously considering Tennessee. I love the areas of Northern GA and NC, too, but since TN has no state income tax, it's very inviting. Also, I love the Smoky Mtns. area, and I'm looking forward to living where there are four seasons. Any suggestions for me? I lean toward smaller towns with close proximity to an airport (I will be commuting back & forth to work when I start flying). Have thoughts about Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City, Nashville & Knoxville areas. Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 10:49 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,183 times
Consider Franklin. It's about 20 miles south of Nashville. It has that small town feel you're looking for but with big city amenaties. Unfortunately it's not exactly close to the airport but to me its worth the trade off. I plan on moving from Texas as well and getting back home to Franklin or Spring Hill in the near future myself.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:40 AM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASandy View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to this board, but glad to have found it! I am a soon-to-be-62 y.o. single adventurous lady currently living in Texas. It's way too hot here, and I'm ready for a change, ready to start another great adventure in my life (also going to be headed for flight attendant training soon).

I've been trying to come up with a new place to live and work out of and am seriously considering Tennessee. I love the areas of Northern GA and NC, too, but since TN has no state income tax, it's very inviting. Also, I love the Smoky Mtns. area, and I'm looking forward to living where there are four seasons. Any suggestions for me? I lean toward smaller towns with close proximity to an airport (I will be commuting back & forth to work when I start flying). Have thoughts about Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City, Nashville & Knoxville areas. Help!
Air fares out of Nashville are half what they are out of Knoxville or the Tri Cities. That's no exaggeration. So if you're going to be flying a lot, and if you're paying your own air fares, you might seriously consider the Nashville area.

Lebanon might be a good choice for you. It's a small town (20,000), it's about 15-20 minutes from the Nashville airport, and since it's on the east side of Nashville you're just that much closer to the Smoky Mountains.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:37 PM

6 posts, read 12,990 times
I'm like you 62 years young and plan on moving from Texas to Nashville in about a year. I love Nashville and all the towns surronding this amazing city. Myself, I will probably move to the Bellevue area. The people on this board are friendly and very helpfull. They will give you enough info so you can decide where you might want to move. Good luck!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunway View Post
I'm like you 62 years young and plan on moving from Texas to Nashville in about a year. I love Nashville and all the towns surronding this amazing city. Myself, I will probably move to the Bellevue area. The people on this board are friendly and very helpfull. They will give you enough info so you can decide where you might want to move. Good luck!
Thanks, Cajunway. BTW, I am a "displaced" Cajun myself, having been raised up in Lafayette! Where are you moving from in TX?

Last edited by FASandy; 10-07-2007 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Need to add some info.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Air fares out of Nashville are half what they are out of Knoxville or the Tri Cities. That's no exaggeration. So if you're going to be flying a lot, and if you're paying your own air fares, you might seriously consider the Nashville area.

Lebanon might be a good choice for you. It's a small town (20,000), it's about 15-20 minutes from the Nashville airport, and since it's on the east side of Nashville you're just that much closer to the Smoky Mountains.
I won't be paying my own fares, thank goodness, but Nashville is the ONLY city that my airline flies into, so that's a good reason to think "Nashville". Don't want to be driving all over TN after I get back from from flying!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
Consider Franklin. It's about 20 miles south of Nashville. It has that small town feel you're looking for but with big city amenaties. Unfortunately it's not exactly close to the airport but to me its worth the trade off. I plan on moving from Texas as well and getting back home to Franklin or Spring Hill in the near future myself.
Mayor_McCheese, Thanks! I've heard Franklin is lovely but quite expensive. I would certainly enjoy the small town feel, but whether it's affordable for me is an entirely different thing!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:38 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
I might suggest Mt. Juliet for you. It's a small town, but has most of what people need on a daily basis and is convenient to Nashville International.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville