Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 10:45 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,097,132 times

Advertisements

I have taken a few art classes at the Frist. They usually tie them into an exhibit - like I took a silkscreen class when the Warhol exhibit was on? All the Frist classes have been really good fun and well worth the money.

Thinking about taking this class at Cheekwood:

Class Details :: Cheekwood Botanical Garden & Museum of Art, Nashville, TN

Has anyone taken a class there before? Any feedback?

Also, are there any other places that do art classes that you can recommend? I DID to a Groupon cupcake decorating class. Good fun but I'm not a fondant fan.

Great way to meet people and be artsy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,479,129 times
While it's not technically an art class, Sip n Strokes seems to be a pretty popular place to get together and paint canvas. My wife and her friends enjoy going from time to time.

I know Vol State Community College offers correspondence courses and adult learning courses each semester in things like art, photography, etc. I've thought about taking a photography class before. I'm sure other Comm Colleges do the same.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:01 PM

569 posts, read 1,426,635 times
You can take community education classes at Watkins College of Art, Design & Film in Metrocenter. They're pretty reasonable.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,314,166 times
Any single ladies in those classes?

Old 03-06-2012, 02:17 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,097,132 times
Most of the classes have been mostly women, not sure about their marital status. You know what other class is fun for meeting people? The Viking cooking classes over at the Factory.

Viking Cooking School

If nothing else, you get a great meal with wine. AND women LOVE men who can cook . .

(love your name, by the way!)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM

11,649 posts, read 12,727,120 times
I can recommend the Saratt Studio Arts center at Vanderbilt University. While the center is on campus, most of the students in the class are older from the local community and are not college students. The classes meet during the fall and spring semester and I think they run for about 10 weeks. They offer classes in painting, photography, ceramics, glass-making, and a bunch of other stuff. They have their own kiln and they allow you to use the darkroom and some of the art facilities when your class is not in session if you want to do some extra work. The prices are very reasonable. Make sure that you register early. Some of the popular classes fill up very quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville