Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2007, 10:53 AM

162 posts, read 604,930 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone:

I will be relocating to the Nashville area in May/ June of 08. I am currently looking into different apartment complexes that I can look at when I come down to visit in December. I don't really have any specifics-- I pretty much am interested in living in a safe area with rent lower than 850 per month). Does anyone have any suggestions based on experience or word of mouth? I would greatly appreciate everyone's help on this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 11:27 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,225,647 times
I don't really keep up with apartments anymore; I do know there's a bunch of them out in Bellevue and most of them seem fairly nice. I have no idea what the rental rates are.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:26 PM

813 posts, read 2,033,075 times
I will also be moving from the Detroit metro (Ann Arbor) to Nashville. I've been up here for four years but I'm originally from Nashville and will be moving back in ten short days.

For $850, you should be able to get a really nice one-bedroom in most of the areas in and around Nashville or a decent two-bedroom in a number of areas as well. It really depends on what type of setting and neighborhood you prefer. Are you specifically looking for apartment complexes or would a loft or apartment in a house work for you as well?

As alleycat suggested, Bellevue would be one great option. That's a nice part of town that's also very scenic. The Hermitage/Donelson area seems to be a pretty good part of town for quality apartment complexes as well as the areas around the intersection of Edmondson Pike and Old Hickory Blvd. There are literally tons and tons of apartment communities in the Antioch area within your price range but crime in that area has apparently gone down hill considerably since I left Nashville so I'd research a complex before signing a lease. Same thing with the Madison area. Apartmentratings.com seems to be a good resource for getting an idea of what's going on behind-the-scenes at many of the complexes.

Nashville also has some great suburban towns that may be to your liking like Brentwood, Franklin, Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville, and Murfreesboro. Those all might be good options for you don't mind a heavy traffic from some directions. I'd also suggest to you to try aptselector.com as well. They could help set you up with an apartment that fits your needs.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:27 AM

Thanks for all of your help ariesjow. Were you down in Ann Arbor for school? I am pretty excited about my move. I can't wait to be in a new area to experience new things and people. As far as the housing situation goes, I would more than likely prefer to move into an apartment complex (on a lower level) my boyfriend has a son and I'm not sure if the loft idea will work out. Also, seeing that this is my initial move and I have never lived in the Tennessee area before and will be starting my career, I prefer not to rush into buying a home. I may wait for about a year or two.

I have looked into various different areas in the Nashville vacinity, I am most impressed with Hermitage and Bellevue. Both Antioch and Madison has been written off due to all of the bad reviews that I've recieved about the area. I just want to be able to find something that is affordable but still nice. In a quiet area, surrounded by or not to far from (20 min at least) entertainment venues, restaurants, grocery stores, and other retail areas. It all depends on what type of job I get as to what I will be able to afford with the assistance of my boyfriend who will be moving with me in the Fall.

Thanks for the advice on the different apartment links. The apartment ratings site, is one that I actually use quite frequently and is at times a pretty helpful tool. Sometimes. it can be confusing, as is with many other ratings sites due to the same amount of complaints given as there are approvals. The Apt Selector site was an awesome resource, thanks a lot. I was actually looking for a free apt search tool and I am glad that you helped me out with that

Old 01-04-2008, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawillia View Post
Hello Everyone:

I will be relocating to the Nashville area in May/ June of 08. I am currently looking into different apartment complexes that I can look at when I come down to visit in December. I don't really have any specifics-- I pretty much am interested in living in a safe area with rent lower than 850 per month). Does anyone have any suggestions based on experience or word of mouth? I would greatly appreciate everyone's help on this!
I moved down here in June of 06 from Sterling Heights and I have to warn you to be surprised at a lot of the differences in the south from the North. Some are a lot of fun, but others I will not get used to. As far as the apartment situation, DO NOT move into Antioch. I moved there because of the affordability and convenience and have been sorry almost from the first day. Just before Christmas there was a body found behind my apartment.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo72 View Post
I moved down here in June of 06 from Sterling Heights and I have to warn you to be surprised at a lot of the differences in the south from the North. Some are a lot of fun, but others I will not get used to. As far as the apartment situation, DO NOT move into Antioch. I moved there because of the affordability and convenience and have been sorry almost from the first day. Just before Christmas there was a body found behind my apartment.
Wow...I'm sorry to hear that! What apartment complex if you don't mind me asking?? Have you moved to another area yet? I had been fair warned about Antioch...my boyfriend has a good friend that lives there and wanted to test it out but I guess after this news...that's a NO go...

As far as the differences go between the North and the South, I am trying to prep myself for it as much as possible. What things in particular do you dislike or feel that you will not get used to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville