Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 08:24 PM

4,418 posts, read 9,200,911 times

Advertisements

A friend was ranting about the blandness of Coldplay. My response is that I am too hip to care about Coldplay. I do not even think about Coldplay. I have no regard for them whatsoever. Public radio WDIY has then in the core box. I will not touch the cd. I will ignore it. Station Managers request that you play a certain amount of new stuff in the core box rotation per show. Coldplay will never be played or even acknowledged by me. The heck with Coldplay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,245,939 times
Liked them early on, then got bored pretty quickly ~ but I like Chris Martin's voice.

Coldplay - The Scientist - YouTube

Coldplay - Yellow - YouTube

Old 09-10-2011, 09:33 PM

1,370 posts, read 2,200,000 times

Everything sounds like coldplay now - YouTube

Old 09-10-2011, 10:23 PM

664 posts, read 863,754 times
i like these songs by them. they iight to me! LOL

Coldplay-Viva la Vida - YouTube

strawberry swing- coldplay - YouTube

Old 09-10-2011, 10:26 PM

664 posts, read 863,754 times
i like the song "Clocks" too.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:34 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,550,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
A friend was ranting about the blandness of Coldplay. My response is that I am too hip to care about Coldplay. I do not even think about Coldplay. I have no regard for them whatsoever. Public radio WDIY has then in the core box. I will not touch the cd. I will ignore it. Station Managers request that you play a certain amount of new stuff in the core box rotation per show. Coldplay will never be played or even acknowledged by me. The heck with Coldplay!
Have you even listened to Coldplay, or are you just one of those people who hates bands if they have mainstream success?

Old 09-11-2011, 09:47 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,131,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post

And I'm sure the members of ColdPlay are damn near suicical with grief over this fact.

I, on the other hand, like some of their stuff, and I think the lead singer has a great voice. I especially dig this tune:

Coldplay - Viva La Vida - YouTube

Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM

832 posts, read 1,751,646 times
Default Coldplay--sad

I don't know much about music (in terms of the notes and technical stuff). I noticed that pretty much every Coldplay song I've heard sounds very sad--even if you don't pay attention to the lyrics. Is there something about the technical aspects of their music that make them all have such a sad/depressing quality? For the record, I do think they have some beautiful tunes, but they're still sad-beautiful to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music