Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:50 AM

20 posts, read 68,311 times

Advertisements

Way too many to remember them all.

The Ring 1 and 2
Saw 1, 2, and 3
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Exorcist
The Omen movies (old ones)
The Others (psychological)
Scream series
Carrie
6th Sense
Children of the Corn
Resident Evil movies
Poltergeist (1st one, maybe the 2nd, but NOT the 3rd)
I know what you did last summer
I still know what you did last summer (MOST definitely not the 3rd though)

I'm easy though, if you give me a cheap scare, I'm happy. I know there are WAY more in my list, heck, there is more in my DVD cabinet, but my brain is drawing a blank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 05:59 AM

2 more that hit me:

Pet Sematary
The Hole (this was low budget and you'll find it on off channels at night, but boy it's different, shocking, and just downright great considering the fact that it was probably seen by very few)

Oh, and:
Cujo
Christine

Old 04-13-2007, 09:49 AM

793 posts, read 3,125,084 times
1. The Exorcist
2. The Thing
3. The Omen
4. Old Stephen King based flicks (don't waste your time w/ anything past the early 80's though)
5. Wolf Creek (just came out last year and disturbing from the standpoint of the portrayed realism)

-although I consider the horror genre to be the biggest lost art of all segments in the film making industry, there are a few at least from recent years to consider besides Wolf Creek....
1. Saw (if you can stomach it)
2. Event Horizon (underrated)
3. Resident Evil (very surprised this was actually pretty good)

-Overrated: Blair Witch Project and anything by that supposed "mastermind" Wes Craven, especially "Scream" movies. Never will understand the adulation.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:45 PM

16 posts, read 49,614 times
The Hunger
Whatever happened to Baby Jane
Rosemary's Baby
Wolfen
The Last House on the Left

Old 04-13-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenore666 View Post
Whatever happened to Baby Jane
Is this the one where the one sister is given a rat for dinner on a silver platter? If so, I'd have to concur. I'd not seen that one in awhile (I was a kid actually) and would love to see it again.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:15 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,268,447 times
You guys should watch "Session 9"

It's more psychological than anything else but I couldn't sleep for a freakin' week! From IMDB: "Tensions rise within an asbestos cleaning crew as they work in an abandoned mental hospital with a horrific past that seems to be coming back."

Old 04-14-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
You guys should watch "Session 9"

It's more psychological than anything else but I couldn't sleep for a freakin' week! From IMDB: "Tensions rise within an asbestos cleaning crew as they work in an abandoned mental hospital with a horrific past that seems to be coming back."
I love these types of recommendations. I for one will be searching this title out.

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:45 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,268,447 times
I'm totally not one for horror flicks but my husband sort of tricked me into watching it. Enjoy!

Old 04-15-2007, 10:27 AM

Session 9 is also a fave of mine. David Caruso was great in that one. Creepy as all hell.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayny View Post
Is this the one where the one sister is given a rat for dinner on a silver platter? If so, I'd have to concur. I'd not seen that one in awhile (I was a kid actually) and would love to see it again.
Bette Davis also singing I've written a letter to Daddyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Yep, great one. It's an oldie, but a moldy. I couldn't find it at Blockbuster when I lived in Syracuse because it's a cult classic, but it was on TCM not too long ago and I caught it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies