Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2020, 10:16 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,176,993 times

Advertisements

The addiction continues....LOL bike 41 is in the house. F6B was a wonderful machine, everybody should sample a Goldwing at least once. The big six is as smooth as it gets but in SoCal you're going to end up on the white line every day. Was just a bit of a hippo there and I got a little frustrated. Next thing I know Cycle World names BMW 1200 GS their best TOURING bike for 19. This got me to thinking about the 2013 Tenere I had with some electronic whizbangery like drive and traction modes but no cruise, it was a beauty on the white line. You sit up tall on the Tenere and can see for miles. The new 18 ES is loaded with everything and I haven't taken it off the truck yet. Going to be fun checking this one out for sure...........and yes I'm a dirt poser.....will likely be lucky to see a gravel road with it but can't wait to do some longer runs. Stay tuned. Think it will be a super touring machine like the GS but more reliable..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2020, 10:04 AM

529 posts, read 495,363 times
Have a '13 Tenere since new. Have a little over 75K miles on it now, and nothing but normal maintenance. I do some dirt with it, but it is also a very competent touring bike. Matter of fact, will be updating the bike to the newer version with the ES in the near future.

BTDT with BMW, no thanks anymore. And the GS doesn't do anything more then the Tenere, except going a little faster to the dealer for service.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
Have a '13 Tenere since new. Have a little over 75K miles on it now, and nothing but normal maintenance. I do some dirt with it, but it is also a very competent touring bike. Matter of fact, will be updating the bike to the newer version with the ES in the near future.

BTDT with BMW, no thanks anymore. And the GS doesn't do anything more then the Tenere, except going a little faster to the dealer for service.
Wow Wiley 75K is a few miles. The Yams are just gas up and drive.......Beemers are some kind of costly maintaining. Have you changed out the cam chain tensioner? cheap part but good insurance. I am liking the ES but picked up a 2 inch screw in the back tire.......so it was don't pass go and spend $200. Got a really gnarly Anakee 3 tho.....for my dirt posing......lol

Old 01-28-2020, 09:55 AM

529 posts, read 495,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Wow Wiley 75K is a few miles. The Yams are just gas up and drive.......Beemers are some kind of costly maintaining. Have you changed out the cam chain tensioner? cheap part but good insurance. I am liking the ES but picked up a 2 inch screw in the back tire.......so it was don't pass go and spend $200. Got a really gnarly Anakee 3 tho.....for my dirt posing......lol
Changed out the cct, and the clutch basket (to the Gen 2) back in 2014. This will be the first bike that I will actually replace with the same, although newer. Always use to change bikes every 2-3 years until this one.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
Changed out the cct, and the clutch basket (to the Gen 2) back in 2014. This will be the first bike that I will actually replace with the same, although newer. Always use to change bikes every 2-3 years until this one.
You're going to love the cruise......rock solid....has oem heated grips and they do get warm. Have suspension on soft because of the covered wagon highways we have in SoCal.......looking forward to some good runs later .......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles