Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 09:03 PM

38 posts, read 122,981 times

Advertisements

We are having Wells Fargo do our loan. We need to close by 4/10. We sign some paper. Today i recieved the GFE in the mail. But something is not right....
Can we still get out of WF and go with a different lender if we choose to? I know my we sign some letters (including one that states we choose WF as our lender and would not have other bank do our loan, which was type by the loan officer...i thought it was odd when she type that letter and have us sign it).... but we haven't sign anything to close the deal. We already paid for the appraisal fee to get the house appraised..... Some how i dont really trust the loan officer we have. I have repeatly ask her is our 3.5% down payment included in the total settlement charge of $9,949.69 and she have repeatly comfirm to me that, Yes it is included. But when i look at the GFE,

I don't see that anywhere on the GFE. The GFE states:
Box A (adjusted origination charges) =======$2570.11
Box B (charges for other settlement services) $7379.58 (I don't see anywhere on the charges the downpayment was included)
_________________________________+________
Total settlement charges ===============$9949.69.

This total amount does not include the 3.5% down payment correct????

So my total out of pocket is more like: $9949.69 + $5775 = $15,724.69

Therefore if I'm calculating this right:
$15,724.69
-2500 (deposit check-already paid)
-500 (appraisal fee-already paid)

This was what we were concerned about.
We ask her several times about the downpayment (3.5% or $5775.00) being included in the GFE. She even emailed somebody to verify that the the down payment is included in the total settlement charges.

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 PM

36 posts, read 205,454 times
We received a wrong GFE from them too. They "accidently" added the seller paid fees (transfer taxes) into our portion which nearly doubled our total estimate

It was the first of many many mistakes we've run into with those idiots.

Learn from our mistake and get away from them NOW

Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 PM

38 posts, read 122,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafffy View Post
We received a wrong GFE from them too. They "accidently" added the seller paid fees (transfer taxes) into our portion which nearly doubled our total estimate

It was the first of many many mistakes we've run into with those idiots.

Learn from our mistake and get away from them NOW

can i still run away from then after signing all those paper without any penalty?

Old 03-16-2010, 05:05 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,403,755 times
Of course you can go with someone else but you'll lose your appraisal and will have to pay for a new one unless you can get a hold of the appraiser and have him change the lender name on the appraisal for a small fee. Also you may lose your deposit check depending on who holds this check, don't know on that one so you will have to find out.

The other thing you need to consider is if you switch to a new lender will they be able to close your loan by 4/10?

Keep in mind that origination and other settlement charges are ALWAYS negotiable. If you don't negotiate you'll never know you are getting the best deal. Also, why are you not asking them to break down what the settlement charges are in box B?

Old 03-16-2010, 07:42 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,911,833 times
Also, including the seller's recording charges is not a mistake. Lenders across the country are showing worse case because we are not a party to the contract and it's the contract that spells out (well, in most cases) how the recording fees/taxes/stamps are to be split.

Your problem is with the new GFE, not the lender. The new GFE is not consumer friendly, although that was the intent. I never thought I would see a GFE without a monthly payment, but there you go.

1 800 CALL FHA is where you should call if you can't make heads or tails of the new form. It had the best intentions, but the poorest of executions and usefulness.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:48 AM

36 posts, read 205,454 times
^ re: new GFE. In our case a day later when we queried our loan officer we received the "correct" GFE with the amounts split out as they should be. It seemed clear it was a human error. (It was the borrower/seller/lender split on the Summary that was wrong)

Old 04-20-2010, 02:30 PM

11 posts, read 63,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb4play View Post
can i still run away from then after signing all those paper without any penalty?
Hi there, would like to know how did things go at your side? I have similar problems with my current lender and I thought of switching but am worried about the penalty etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages