Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 07:45 AM

3 posts, read 7,970 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

In 2 weeks I'm going to Montréal for about a week. It's a business trip and unfortunately I'm going there all alone Good thing is: I'm in Montréal for a week! Now I'm looking for some fun for when I'm not working.
I love to go out rather than stay in my hotel room. Most of my free time will be in the evenings. Where do you guys recommend me to go and what to avoid? I like to party but is there anything to party outside the weekend? I'll also be there on the 1st of July. There seem to be a huge festival near the river, is that any good? Feel free to reply or send me a message.

Greetz Dutch1982!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 08:41 AM

157 posts, read 576,928 times
I live in Montreal, but being somewhat older than I am guessing you are, I drink my beer at home on the weekends so I can pour myself into bed relatively early.

I found these links:

Best of Montreal 2006 (http://www.montrealmirror.com/2006/051106/bom06_5.html - broken link)

Montreal Nightlife

Go Montreal

Montreal Plus

For amazing steamed hot dogs and poutine, you must visit the Montreal Pool Room.

I haven't been to most of these places, but I'm sure you'll get some ideas by glancing at these sites. You can google "Montreal night life" and look at some of the sites that pop up.

Buy a copy of the Montreal Gazette (or look at it online) to check out what's going on while you are here.

I'm sure you won't feel lonely while you are here...Montrealers love to party and I guarantee that you'll have a good time.

Cheers!

Last edited by ladyaugusta; 06-19-2009 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: removal of graphic

Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 AM

26,946 posts, read 38,395,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch1982 View Post
Hello all!

In 2 weeks I'm going to Montréal for about a week. It's a business trip and unfortunately I'm going there all alone Good thing is: I'm in Montréal for a week! Now I'm looking for some fun for when I'm not working.
I love to go out rather than stay in my hotel room. Most of my free time will be in the evenings. Where do you guys recommend me to go and what to avoid? I like to party but is there anything to party outside the weekend? I'll also be there on the 1st of July. There seem to be a huge festival near the river, is that any good? Feel free to reply or send me a message.

Greetz Dutch1982!
Down by the river sounds like the Canada Day festivities. They mark Canada’s "national holiday". Probably similar to the Queen’s day in the Netherlands. Festivities in Montreal are usually concentrated around the Old Port (Vieux-Port) which is down by the river.

You are also going to Montreal during jazz festival time. It is one of the biggest jazz festivals in the world. They use the word jazz quite loosely so don’t be turned off if you are not a fan of jazz. It’s really a huge music festival with all sorts of musical genres:
http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/default-fr.aspx

Old 06-23-2009, 04:51 AM

3 posts, read 7,970 times
Thanks for the replies people! If anyone has more suggestions you're welcome to share them with me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal