Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 02:32 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,342,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanfze55 View Post
I’m pro-gun, but Republicans enjoy destroying economies. The gun business might be booming, but Greitens is going to do a lot of harm to the Missouri economy. You know why? He doesn’t care about Missouri. He has national ambitions. He wants to govern as far to the right as possible (even if he’s personally moderate), throw out right wing talking points and paint himself as an “outsider” as much as possible so he can basically be Donald Trump 2.0. Right wingers eat up that “outsider” stuff like crazy, even if it’s coming from an obvious snake oil salesman. These people like Greitens and Trump are lifelong liberals/moderates who are realizing it’s cake to win a GOP election by just throwing out red meat to the electorate. GOP base has become so angry that they’re easily swayed by anyone pretending to be an outsider.
Have you been to the Bay Area? You want to talk about a mess of a city that does NOTHING to fix it’s issues, it’s a prime example. Oh, and it’s run by far left libs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 02:55 PM

639 posts, read 775,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
And people wonder why conservatives are looked down on by democrats. Not to mention our president who is constantly name calling like he's 12 years old. Grow up and stop using terms like democraps.

I don't know much about this, but who cares about people's personal lives. Care about what he will do to fix the roads in Missouri, fund education, make the state more economically competitive, reduce crime and blight etc, not what they do with their private sex lives.

For the record, I think he should resign. But Missouri blindly voted for him, just like Kansas voted for Brownback and you both voted for Trump. You get what you deserve.
I voted for Trump and love him and how he calls things as they are, I wish he would start calling people who voted against him Libotards. So glad to live in a red state like Missouri vs Maryland.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:01 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,550,026 times
This is not about the sex. He admitted to the sex. It's about the alleged blackmail, the naked or seminaked picture of the woman tied to "rings" (I'm guessing, so-called "steady" rings, the ones male gymnasts use) that he allegedly took. As to he woman beinga democratic "opp," she didn't release the ex-husband did, and only after people who had heard about it were trying to find out more by calling his daughter. He got sick of the furor and released the recording.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:52 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,400,211 times
Well, the last 6 months the economy is doing better. In Missouri as well. Smith and Wesson is also building a distribution and customer service center in Missouri as well that will supply good paying jobs.

Also, MO is trying to lure other gun companies and such to MO as well. Firearms can be an major economic driver of the state.

The latest Brady FOundation rankings that came out a few months ago ranks Missouri 48th for fewest gun restrictions, tied with Kansas. Only Mississippi ranked better at dead last. That is good work! Passage of HB 1936 might put MO at dead last!

Old 01-11-2018, 06:19 PM

138 posts, read 152,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Well, the last 6 months the economy is doing better. In Missouri as well. Smith and Wesson is also building a distribution and customer service center in Missouri as well that will supply good paying jobs.

Also, MO is trying to lure other gun companies and such to MO as well. Firearms can be an major economic driver of the state.

The latest Brady FOundation rankings that came out a few months ago ranks Missouri 48th for fewest gun restrictions, tied with Kansas. Only Mississippi ranked better at dead last. That is good work! Passage of HB 1936 might put MO at dead last!
Yes, if only we could all be a little more like Mississippi. Such a beacon of success.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
Have you been to the Bay Area? You want to talk about a mess of a city that does NOTHING to fix it’s issues, it’s a prime example. Oh, and it’s run by far left libs...
The Bay Area is better than St. Louis or Kansas City in every conceivable way. The problem is that the Bay Area is largely unaffordable, so a middle class person could not afford a high quality of life. In Missouri, the middle class can afford decent housing. It’s supply and demand. People don’t want to live in Missouri. They do want to live in California. I am a Missouri native, btw

Old 01-11-2018, 06:25 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,416,433 times
Ok I personally know Eric Greiten's and only thing I have talked with him about that I didn't like was Right to Work but I'm retired Union worker.

Like a woman said awhile ago to me it takes two to play.

brushrunner

Old 01-11-2018, 06:57 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,342,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanfze55 View Post
The Bay Area is better than St. Louis or Kansas City in every conceivable way. The problem is that the Bay Area is largely unaffordable, so a middle class person could not afford a high quality of life. In Missouri, the middle class can afford decent housing. It’s supply and demand. People don’t want to live in Missouri. They do want to live in California. I am a Missouri native, btw
Better in every way, is a very long shot. Have you actually been/spent a long period of time in the Bay Area? Sounds like you haven’t.

Weather is better, okay I get that.

It’s highly unaffordable, it’s very very overcrowded, shortage of housing, the traffic is awful all the time (2-3 hour commutes, from 20 miles away is common), the homeless population is out of control (and only getting worse), illegal immigrants everywhere, car registration and insurance is through the roof, taxes are also through the roof, far left liberal extremists everywhere, shall I keep going? The worst part is, nothing will ever be done about any of these problems. Do you like stepping in human pi$$ and poop? If so, the sidewalks are appealing for you here! Do you like drug addicts and their needles everywhere? If so, there’s plenty of that here as well!

I currently live in the Bay Area but from the Midwest. The Bay Area is terrible, in my opinion. Far left liberal government doesn’t know what it’s doing. A woman was shot (murdered) by an illegal immigrant awhile back, guess what, he’s still here. No jail time, no deportation, and the city of SF actually fought FOR him. Makes sense right?

I’ll take St Louis everyday, all day, 365 days per year. The $$$ factor isn’t as big a deal as you think, the area is simply unappealing to a lot of people, and a lot of people are leaving. I make great money here, pay my $2100 for an apartment in the ‘burbs’ and still do just fine, it’s just not a place that I can call home or a place I’ll ever say is “nice”.

Last edited by BurnInTheMil; 01-11-2018 at 07:07 PM..

Old 01-11-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Better in every way, is a very long shot. Have you actually been/spent a long period of time in the Bay Area? Sounds like you haven’t.

It’s highly unaffordable, it’s very very overcrowded, shortage of housing, the traffic is awful all the time (2-3 hour commutes, from 20 miles away is common), the homeless population is out of control (and only getting worse), illegal immigrants everywhere, car registration and insurance is through the roof, taxes are also through the roof, far left liberal extremists everywhere, shall I keep going? The worst part is, nothing will ever be done about any of these problems. Do you like stepping in human pi$$ and poop? If so, the sidewalks are appealing for you here! Do you like drug addicts and their needles everywhere? If so, there’s plenty of that here as well!

I currently live in the Bay Area but from the Midwest. The Bay Area is terrible, in my opinion. Far left liberal government doesn’t know what it’s doing. A woman was shot (murdered) by an illegal immigrant awhile back, guess what, he’s still here. No jail time, no deportation, and the city of SF actually fought FOR him. Makes sense right?

I’ll take St Louis everyday, all day, 365 days per year. The $$$ factor isn’t as big a deal as you think, the area is simply unappealing to a lot of people, and a lot of people are leaving. I make great money here, pay my $2100 for an apartment in the ‘burbs’ and still do just fine, it’s just not a place that I can call home or a place I’ll ever say is “nice”.
The unaffordability and traffic is caused by too many people, because again, that’s where people want to live. The St. Louis metro has been stagnant for many years. So people put up with all the negative things about the Bay Area. It has better weather, restaurants, more amenities, crime is lower, the population is more educated. I’ve been to the Bay Area several times (I fly into San Fran yearly on my trip to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite). I’ve never lived there, though. I know the homeless population is high, but look at crime in St. Louis. Crime is way worse in most Rust Belt cities. San Fran is relatively safe. To each their own, though. There are nice places to live in the Midwest. The Twin Cities are great. Madison and Grand Rapids are terrific little towns. Unfortunately, St. Louis is trash.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:32 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,400,211 times
Quote:

Yea, that was utter BS that Mexican got off. Can you imagine if that sh** happened in Missouri? No way not guilty and the charges would be far worse. Hell, just imagine if that took place in the Bootheel or one of the small counties in south central MO or northeast MO. Probably have to call up the national guard. More than likely a local legally packing would be near by and intervene.

Imagine that happening in Scott County or Barry County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri