Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 6,742 times

Advertisements

Hi Yelena:

There is a beautiful banquet facility located 5 miles east of the Stillwater Bridge. It is outside of Somerset, WI and is also just a 15 minute drive from Hudson as well.
It's called St. Croix National Golf Course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelena View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I recently got engaged and have been searching for receptions sites. Now I'm burned out on googling, and would love some opinions of the folks that have been there before.

My fiancee and I are looking to get married in Hudson, WI and have a reception relatively nearby. I'd love to get something inexpensive in the Stillwater/Bayport area of MN, but am also looking for suggestions in the St. Paul/Woodbury area. Just anywhere that's close enough of a drive from a Hudson church.

If you've planned a wedding yourself or have attended a nice reception in any of these areas, I'd love to hear some suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 11:19 AM

3 posts, read 10,662 times
All wonderful places that have been suggested so far. Other ideas are The Outing Lodge at Pine Point a few miles north of town; the Grand Banquet Hall on Second St; Oak Glen Golf Course on the western edge of the city; Tartan Park in Lake Elmo. I have attended wedding receptions in all locations, would not hesitate to recommend.

If you do get married in August, I suggest reserving one of the Stillwater Trolly's. My nephew did that and it was a gas, way more fun than crowding into a limo.

Best of luck!

Old 01-01-2008, 04:42 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
http://www.outinglodge.com/

lovely place!

Stillwater

Old 01-01-2008, 05:43 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
http://www.outinglodge.com/

lovely place!

Stillwater

When I was in high school this was the place to go to scare the bejeebers out of people--it was run down, vacant and OMG scary at night!! It is amazing what they have done with this place.

Having said this, this post is old and she has found a place for her reception.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:20 PM

4 posts, read 30,427 times
don't forget the Grand Banquet Hall. If you are having a small reception Stone's Restaurant and Lounge can make great accomodations with outstanding food and service

Old 01-18-2008, 03:43 PM

733 posts, read 4,653,038 times
Camrose Hill Flowers, Stillwater, Minnesota - Wedding Flowers - Floral Design Nice place I've been told. Friend's kid had a wedding there last summer.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,605 times
Default Stillwater Public Library

The Stillwater Public Library also has weddings & receptions on their rooftop. You get a view of the St. Croix River and a view of all the historic locations aready mentioned! It's got great scenery, and a beautiful location...historic, but recently renovated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota