Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 AM

14 posts, read 28,144 times

Advertisements

I am hoping/planning to move back to the Twin Cities area next June. I grew up in western ND and lived in the TC area for a year before moving down to Florida. I have found Florida to be, well...not for me. I don't want to start a debate on FL vs. MN, either. I also have family in the TC area, which is another plus for moving. I am a 24 year old male, and have a BS in Natural Resource Management, with the focus in Decision Making Policy. I am not as concerned with finding an affordable and decent place to rent as I am with the local job market, more specifically for my major. Is there anyone that has some info on job/career opportunities in the TC area that have to do with Natural Resources in general? (it is a very diverse and broad field)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 04:26 PM

11 posts, read 18,940 times
Where in Fl are you? Im in Fl too and wanting to move to the Twin Cities, thats why Im asking.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:45 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,344,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j30fini View Post
I am hoping/planning to move back to the Twin Cities area next June. ... I am not as concerned with finding an affordable and decent place to rent as I am with the local job market, more specifically for my major. Is there anyone that has some info on job/career opportunities in the TC area that have to do with Natural Resources in general? (it is a very diverse and broad field)
I don't know much about that field, but I'd suggest you check out the Twin Cities Business Journal--they have lots of articles on various companies. They also have a pretty good search engine for archived articles so hopefully you can type in some general terms relating to fields of interest and identify some prospects. Their site is:

Minneapolis News - The Minneapolis St Paul Business Journal

Good Luck with your search!

Old 09-29-2009, 04:57 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,603,145 times
You should move up to Duluth instead and focus on the Lake Superior science stuff. There is a large working surface here for that type of study. Decision making policies and Natural Resource Management go hand in hand concerning Lake Superior Im thinking, especially seeings as how much lately the lake has been in the news.
There are always some sort of research going on at some point and different levels.
Thanks

Old 09-29-2009, 05:09 PM

540 posts, read 1,097,233 times
Jobs: Minnesota DNR - job search for positions with the Minnesota DNR.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:23 PM

rayofsunshine26, I am currently in Gainesville. While it is a great college town, I am starting to get out of the college scene and whatnot. Where are you in FL? I think MN is an excellent place to live, if you can handle the cold in the winter.

Demtion35, you make a good point. I am aware of the research and projects that go on up there and would be able to get a job in my field, though I am hoping for the TC area. Problem is, most jobs do not necessarily have to do with what I went to school for. Appreciate you help though.

MplsTodd and gweilo, thanks for the great resources!

Old 09-29-2009, 05:59 PM

11 posts, read 18,940 times
j30fini- Gator Nation lol, Im in Daytona Beach. After this summer, that hasnt gone away yet, Im so looking forward to the cold! Good luck with jobs

Old 09-29-2009, 06:27 PM

Yeah yeah, Gator Nation. A person can only take so much of it! (IMO) I actually enjoy the cold, much more than the HOT and HUMID weather here. Winter serves as a "reset".

Old 09-30-2009, 06:41 AM

54 posts, read 179,766 times
HA! There's never enough of the Gator Nation! Go Gators, baby! (By the way, we have an excellent Gator club here in the Twin Cities.)

Old 09-30-2009, 02:19 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,804,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorinmn View Post
HA! There's never enough of the Gator Nation! Go Gators, baby! (By the way, we have an excellent Gator club here in the Twin Cities.)

Its not the Canes, but its close enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul