Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 08:47 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,273,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty8940 View Post
I am considering a relocation to the Milwaukee area and I would hope to find a water front home in Milwaukee or a central suburb for less than $500k.

My question is this; if you had 500k to spend on a water front property in or around Milwaukee, where would you be looking?

Considerations:

* I'd like to be close to restaurants and bars if possible.. Walking distance would be even better.

* Lakes/Rivers that have bars/restaurants you can boat to would be nice

* Lakes/Rivers that have a fun weekend party atmosphere would be nice

* If I couldn't be right in the city at my budget then being in a central suburb would be nice due to me being in the trades and me needing the travel throughout the metro area for work.

* I don't have children, so schools and stuff aren't a concern for me. However, I also wouldn't want to be in any super high crime areas.

* I'd like to stay within 15 miles of downtown Milwaukee if possible.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
Do you wanna swim in that water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 08:49 AM

1,961 posts, read 2,273,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Also McKinley can get expensive as I am in the middle of the same debate of do I dock a boat at Okauchee or on the Milwaukee River so I can have access to all the bars/restaurants and Lake Michigan on a calm day. Just google boat slip on Milwaukee river and you should be able to find something. If you were going to dock in Lake Country which is anywhere from 25 min to downtown to an hour if you choose Oconomowoc Lake however Lake country becomes easier if you were to live in Tosa or Brookfield or New Berlin or West Allis. For instance Okauchee Lake is only 25-30 min away depending where in New Berlin or Brookfield. Okauchee is more of a younger crowd for sure 20's/30's crowd and has a festive atmosphere on the lake and around it at various bars and restaurants. If I was to choose a lake in Lake Country I'd probably choose Okauchee over Pewaukee.
Okauchee was my first thought too but not close enough to downtown Milwaukee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee