Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 07:26 AM

15 posts, read 69,923 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am running out of options, I am currently on my last year of residency. I am currently living in a house in East Lansing, but the owner failed to get a rental license. The neighborhood stood against having a rental in their area, and we have to seek a new place to live for the last 9 months I got left of residency. The challenge that I have is that I have 2 dogs, usually that may not seem like a challenge, except one of the dogs is a German Shepherd, GSD. The breed has such a bad reputation. I am finding that a lot of apartments either have weight limits, or the few that have no weight limits, do have breed restrictions. I am trying to find a place, before I have to make a decision that will lead me to place the dog for adoption. At this point I am seeking some hints ideas for any place that is reasonable safe. The dogs are fully trained, always been inside dogs and quiet, only bark at door bells. They spend most of the time sleeping, favorite past time for them.

Any ideas, hint, or help????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 09:17 AM

313 posts, read 1,195,449 times
Oh how terrible!

Can you check out any of the boards up around campus and can you sublet from someone? You didn't say if you were a people doc or a vet. Can you try to find someone through the vet school?

Good luck!

Old 03-28-2009, 07:25 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmings View Post
Hi all,

I am running out of options, I am currently on my last year of residency. I am currently living in a house in East Lansing, but the owner failed to get a rental license. The neighborhood stood against having a rental in their area, and we have to seek a new place to live for the last 9 months I got left of residency. The challenge that I have is that I have 2 dogs, usually that may not seem like a challenge, except one of the dogs is a German Shepherd, GSD. The breed has such a bad reputation. I am finding that a lot of apartments either have weight limits, or the few that have no weight limits, do have breed restrictions. I am trying to find a place, before I have to make a decision that will lead me to place the dog for adoption. At this point I am seeking some hints ideas for any place that is reasonable safe. The dogs are fully trained, always been inside dogs and quiet, only bark at door bells. They spend most of the time sleeping, favorite past time for them.

Any ideas, hint, or help????
Wow, I didn't know that German Shepherd had a bad reputation. I love this breed and only prefer this breed. I have never had any problems with my dogs They are very protective but have never harmed anyone.

But one thing that I noticed that there is a limit on the size when you are looking at apartment, but I have found some, even though limited. I think it is because the breed is so large. And some people are just fearful of large dogs. I hope you find a place.

The only advice I can give you is just call around and see who will allow you to have that type of breed. There is really know other way of getting around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: