Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:04 AM

217 posts, read 591,541 times

Advertisements

I have been with Farmers for years, and every year they jack the rates up! Anyone have any advice on car insurance (online is fine.) My credit rating is in the ****ter, but of course the fact that I have been driving for almost 30 years with ZERO accidents and only one ticket apparently has NO bearing on rates, as they base it on your credit....which I find to be absolute BS......thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 10:59 AM

760 posts, read 2,440,980 times
Call an independant insurance agent (like City Insurance in Marquette) and they'll run your numbers through a bunch of different companies to find the best price for you.

My in-laws were with State Farm for decades before I finally convinced them to call my agent. They were shocked when he got them with a different (reputable) company with a savings of $1100 a year (auto & home combined). Think of all the money they wasted over the years due to assuming their old company was doing right by them.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:07 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeg View Post
Call an independant insurance agent (like City Insurance in Marquette) and they'll run your numbers through a bunch of different companies to find the best price for you.

My in-laws were with State Farm for decades before I finally convinced them to call my agent. They were shocked when he got them with a different (reputable) company with a savings of $1100 a year (auto & home combined). Think of all the money they wasted over the years due to assuming their old company was doing right by them.
Read the policy carefully.

You get what you pay for.

That is why EVERYONE needs uninsured and UNDERINSURED $500,000/$500,000.

People are buying cheap policies and they all have limits.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:08 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times
Quote:
I have done that in the distant past, but never had an accident. The "games" with my present company, State Farm, started on day one when I requested a quote on a new car. The quote (from my agent) was lower than what I was later billed. When I inquired about the difference, the agent said, in effect, that the agents' quotes might be different from corporate's, and that they have no control over this. Now my payment goes up by a few dollars each new cycle.
How does one determine if a company is "reputable"?

Old 10-17-2011, 08:18 AM

217 posts, read 591,541 times
Quote:

Thanks jeeg....called them this morning and they will get back to me!! I will keep you posted!!

Old 10-17-2011, 10:20 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,533 times
sorry but there is no such a thing

Im paying 263.00 per month for 2 cars. 1999 jeep cherokee classic and 2003 dodge ram pickup. Is that too much?

Old 10-17-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
Im paying 263.00 per month for 2 cars. 1999 jeep cherokee classic and 2003 dodge ram pickup. Is that too much?
That's $98 a month more expensive then what we pay for our two vehicles (full coverage).
But there's to many variables involved to say if you are paying to much.
The only way you would know for sure is to get quotes from multiple companies.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseyup67 View Post
Thanks jeeg....called them this morning and they will get back to me!! I will keep you posted!!
I hope it works out for you

Old 10-17-2011, 12:13 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
That's $98 a month more expensive then what we pay for our two vehicles (full coverage).
But there's to many variables involved to say if you are paying to much.
The only way you would know for sure is to get quotes from multiple companies.
Ask the limitations on the policies.

Full coverage can mean different things.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:51 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,533 times
Quote:

i think i'll give them a call myself..you think they will insure me in flint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan