Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,173 times

Advertisements

Caring customer service 'does NOt' exist at this Best Western. Buyer beware !!I booked online at BWWL's direct online webpage 3day stay (5-28 -29 - 30 -2010) I had to checkout one day early,the web booking had precharged my lodging and reason to leave early was need back home of 85yr old mother. James, General Mgr of BWWL said sorry could not credit me back the unused day...many calls.trys later I was told I had booked using PriceLine and again was told by Terri @BWWL that their records said I had booked using Travel Web and I had to deal w/them. Eleven days of bouncing between Best Western Whitmore Lake, Priceline & Travel Web... no one will even discuss why not in a business client care mode. Booking online, beware with Best Western - seems hidden behind scenes they use several other web links - totally unknown, never exposed to the client...... beware beware I just lost $98.65 to this BW location in Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 05:03 PM

493 posts, read 1,447,679 times
When we could afford better lodgings on vacations, we got away from Best Western. Some are fine, but there seem to be no uniform standards throughout the chain. We've stayed at a few that were great and very modern, and one of the others looked like it hadn't been updated since the 50s.

With BW, you really need to know the property.

About the last straw was the time that we stayed at the one in Rohnert Park, CA and they had no non-smoking room for us when we arrived. That was one thing that they would not guarantee. Even back then, certainly the computer system could have blocked out a room for us.

If there is one in the area, Holiday Inn Express and Courtyard by Marriott are better bets. Most are quite new, and all Marriott properties are non-smoking.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,719 times
I'd like to shed some light on people that reserve rooms through Priceline.com and Orbitz.com. I work for a Best Western and run into this problem all the time from guests that try to find cheaper rates online. You book through on of these companies you pay for them then and there, read the fine print, there is no refund. The hotel is not the one that charged you, it was Travelweb, if you want your money back they have to refund it since they are the ones that paid BW. Also, just a little inside information, try calling the hotel for their rate before paying more through Priceline and other Travelweb companies, you may end up saving some money calling the hotel directly with no hassel of Travelwebs cancellation policies!

Old 01-18-2011, 04:37 PM

76 posts, read 122,123 times
That's terrible, I would think BW would be willing to work with you given the circumstances.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,601,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutju View Post
Caring customer service 'does NOt' exist at this Best Western. Buyer beware !!I booked online at BWWL's direct online webpage 3day stay (5-28 -29 - 30 -2010) I had to checkout one day early,the web booking had precharged my lodging and reason to leave early was need back home of 85yr old mother. James, General Mgr of BWWL said sorry could not credit me back the unused day...many calls.trys later I was told I had booked using PriceLine and again was told by Terri @BWWL that their records said I had booked using Travel Web and I had to deal w/them. Eleven days of bouncing between Best Western Whitmore Lake, Priceline & Travel Web... no one will even discuss why not in a business client care mode. Booking online, beware with Best Western - seems hidden behind scenes they use several other web links - totally unknown, never exposed to the client...... beware beware I just lost $98.65 to this BW location in Michigan.
WHen you prepay for a rate, you are paying a discount because they consider those rooms filled for x days, and that pretty much forfeits your ability to change your itinerary without incurring any cancellation fees. Motel 6 might allow a change like that but most chains, forget it.

At some point, I'd consider the 98 bucks a writeoff instead of putting myself through eleven days of aggravation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan