Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2024, 10:08 AM

3,356 posts, read 2,225,573 times

Advertisements

She paid for some pretty high profile attorneys. Why does this bozo think his interference is so detrimental to the case? The poor people that follow him (turtlerider he calls them) seem like bored conspiracy type clingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2024, 10:17 AM

17,450 posts, read 9,039,757 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
She paid for some pretty high profile attorneys. Why does this bozo think his interference is so detrimental to the case? The poor people that follow him (turtlerider he calls them) seem like bored conspiracy type clingers.
Well he's getting what he wants....attention.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:47 PM

18,769 posts, read 9,804,673 times
Turtleboy was released from jail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UkNjazisWQ

Old 02-25-2024, 06:14 PM

12,873 posts, read 10,098,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Looks like Turtle Boy is facing a couple of new charges: https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local...arges/3288335/

This whole thing is a circus. I really wonder how this is all going to look in a few years. I personally doubt we'll be looking back at the people who jumped on the TB bandwagon and were holding "Free Karen Read!" signs on overpasses and outside of the courtroom and thinking, "wow, those geniuses saved an innocent woman!" Even if the entire conspiracy is actually true and she was framed by the other cops who murdered him; this TB idiot is not helping her case at all. I'd argue he's actually hurting her chances of a "not-guilty" verdict.
It is definitely a circus, and a mess. It all sounds very confusing and I don't have the appetite to even try to unravel it all. Conspiracy theories are going to be the last place I look to for explanations of events... moreover, even if he believes she is innocent, that wouldn't mean that he could intervene in a murder case to threaten witnesses for the prosecution to try to prevent them from testifying - that's straight up gangster stuff. Unless there is some kind of miracle, I am assuming the Turtleboy does some real jail time here.

Old 02-25-2024, 07:30 PM

6,433 posts, read 5,317,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
It is definitely a circus, and a mess. It all sounds very confusing and I don't have the appetite to even try to unravel it all. Conspiracy theories are going to be the last place I look to for explanations of events... moreover, even if he believes she is innocent, that wouldn't mean that he could intervene in a murder case to threaten witnesses for the prosecution to try to prevent them from testifying - that's straight up gangster stuff. Unless there is some kind of miracle, I am assuming the Turtleboy does some real jail time here.
^I mean, the guy seems to be a domestic abuser. I'd like to see this for that reason, aside from any interference in this case.

Old 02-26-2024, 07:49 AM

13,151 posts, read 22,387,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Yeah, I don't know what happened. And while there seem to be some legitimate concerns, it would be silly to latch onto any conspiracy theories. But one certainty is that Turtleboy is a thug. And while he's clearly passionate, he's not a particularly bright thug. I can sort of understand why Read might want to leverage him (at least initially). He has a platform and a passionate following. But I'm not sure what on earth he was thinking. Even if he was fully convinced she was innocent, how did he expect those tactics to work? Unless there's a 100% certainty of finding an indisputable smoking gun or you've got Bulger-esque connections to back you, harassing and threatening witnesses is never going to help a case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
^I mean, the guy seems to be a domestic abuser. I'd like to see this for that reason, aside from any interference in this case.
I've always thought he was an obnoxious prick, and he's proving that to be the case (and then some). So I'll admit to rooting for his downfall. But I have little faith that he's going to see much more time inside of a cell unless something even more terrible comes to light.

Old 02-26-2024, 09:09 AM

2,138 posts, read 1,185,915 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don't know what happened. And while there seem to be some legitimate concerns, it would be silly to latch onto any conspiracy theories. But one certainty is that Turtleboy is a thug. And while he's clearly passionate, he's not a particularly bright thug. I can sort of understand why Read might want to leverage him (at least initially). He has a platform and a passionate following. But I'm not sure what on earth he was thinking. Even if he was fully convinced she was innocent, how did he expect those tactics to work? Unless there's a 100% certainty of finding an indisputable smoking gun or you've got Bulger-esque connections to back you, harassing and threatening witnesses is never going to help a case.

I've always thought he was an obnoxious prick, and he's proving that to be the case (and then some). So I'll admit to rooting for his downfall. But I have little faith that he's going to see much more time inside of a cell unless something even more terrible comes to light.

He’s more than a bit the weirdo alright.

If she hadn’t been indicted, and he wasn’t plain obsessed about proving her innocence, he might be stalking her in normal circumstances. Anyhow, with friends like that, she doesn’t need more enemies. Sad if she is innocent.

Old 02-26-2024, 09:26 AM

13,151 posts, read 22,387,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
He’s more than a bit the weirdo alright.

If she hadn’t been indicted, and he wasn’t plain obsessed about proving her innocence, he might be stalking her in normal circumstances. Anyhow, with friends like that, she doesn’t need more enemies. Sad if she is innocent.
I have wondered if there's a romantic component to his obsession with her case. Maybe there isn't, but the cynic in me finds it hard to believe he'd put himself out there to this extent if there wasn't.

Old 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM

10,088 posts, read 15,863,068 times
Quote:
I have wondered if there's a romantic component to his obsession with her case. Maybe there isn't, but the cynic in me finds it hard to believe he'd put himself out there to this extent if there wasn't.
It might not be romantic but I think you are right. There is something more to this.

Old 02-26-2024, 11:54 AM

17,450 posts, read 9,039,757 times
Kearney is married with 3 kids...not sure how much that matters. He has always been a strong supporter of the police but his involvement/obsession here is odd. I thought he was just really being a narcissist and wanting attention in a big way but maybe there is something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts