Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2018, 09:20 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,234,840 times

Advertisements

I think the main reason for the law would be to ensure no federal crackdown where marijuana is legal, and also to ease fears for banks that are too scared to have marijuana business clients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 09:31 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
I think the main reason for the law would be to ensure no federal crackdown where marijuana is legal, and also to ease fears for banks that are too scared to have marijuana business clients.
I don't know about that. Check out this article that was published just 10 hours ago.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/30/trum...egal-weed.html

This could be a game changer.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:11 AM

70 posts, read 70,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
A "margin of error" towards a decline not an increase of in support of legalization of marijuana.
Also, one may be under the impression the support legalization of marijuana would have gone from 61% in April of 2017, to 70%? 80% in April of 2018. Instead, pro legalization marijuana advocates are criticizing the survey results with a "margin of error" defense. What Up.

At least Three more Mass communities will be voting on a local ban on marijuana businesses in May.
It is a foregone conclusion how it will go. Stay tuned.

The 50 year pendulum swinging towards 'legalizing marijuana in the USA', is Reversing direction.
I give up. You clearly do not know what a margin of error is. if you cannot acknowledge that a "significant majority" of people are in favor of legalized marijuana (or "POT") you are burying your head in the sand. Luckily, and I am going to assume you are an older gentleman like me, the younger generation understands that reefer madness is just that.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:40 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wror View Post
The backlash against legalizing marijuana is at the grassroots level,increasing every day.
People in this country are waking up to how much damage legalizing marijuana is doing to communities.

Actually, no, the only thing that is increasing is its legal availability. The only reason it hasn't been legal in VT for a long time is because of a lack of referendum process. If people could actually vote directly on the issue it would have been legal there decades ago. They have legalized possession and personal cultivation. The issue with the retail sales has to do with setting up oversight and taxation, not morality or health.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:26 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,142,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I don't know about that. Check out this article that was published just 10 hours ago.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/30/trum...egal-weed.html

This could be a game changer.
This seems stifling, but also incredibly difficult to enforce.

Old 05-01-2018, 01:39 PM

188 posts, read 283,976 times
Cohasset approved the ban yesterday. So, in South Shore only 3 towns have allowed shops: Marshfield (lost the 2/3 by 6 votes), Quincy and Rockland.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:51 AM

636 posts, read 706,596 times
Apr 24, 2018
Hingham bans recreational marijuana sales - WCVB-TV
Hingham bans recreational marijuana sales

More Massachusetts communities
BANS , not moratoriums, but BANS:

Auburn MA Banned

-Bourne Ma Banned

-Dennis Ma Banned

-Duxbury Ma Banned

-East Brookfield Ma Baned

-Falmouth Ma Banned

-Foxborough Ma Banned

Holliston Ma Banned

-Hopkinton Ma Banned

-Ipswich Ma Banned

-Lynnfield Ma Banned

-Mashpee Ma Banned

-Medfield Ma Banned

-Medway Ma Banned

-North Reading Ma Banned

-Norwell Ma Banned

-Norwood Ma Banned

-Peabody Ma Banned

-Pembroke Ma Banned

-Plymouth Ma Banned

-Raynham Ma Banned

-Reading Ma Banned

-Sandwich Ma Banned

-Southborough Ma Banned

-Stoughton Ma Banned

-Sturbridge Ma Banned

-Wakefield Ma Banned

-Walpole Ma Banned

-Westborough Ma Banned

-Westwood Ma Banned

-Wilbraham Ma Banned

-Woburn Ma Banned

Marijuana map: Cities, towns developing rules for recreational pot

The above list is 11 months old. There are dozens and dozens more Massachusetts communities to be added that have Banned local POT businesses,etc.

To Be Continued

Attached Thumbnails
Individual Votes By Cities/Towns Whether To Allow Marijuana  businesses-when-cannabis-made-legal-10.jpg  

Last edited by wror; 05-02-2018 at 12:54 PM..

Old 05-02-2018, 01:21 PM

3,222 posts, read 2,124,379 times
Thanks for the list. Now I know where to cruise around selling POT to kids.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:17 PM

636 posts, read 706,596 times
More Massachusetts communities
BANS

During the Past 7 days:

{Cohasset banned as mentioned already}

ANDOVER, MA Banned
Patch.com‎ - Today

Westport Ma Banned ..voters reject recreational marijuana shops
Westport voters reject recreational marijuana shops | WJAR

Westminster Ma Banned
Westminster voters oppose allowing recreational marijuana businesses - Sentinel & Enterprise

PS Did not someone post Andover Ma would never Ban local marijuana businesses?
'May 2, 2108: ANDOVER, MA -- Town Meeting overwhelmingly approved a ban on retail marijuana sales"

Last edited by wror; 05-02-2018 at 05:05 PM..

Old 05-02-2018, 06:06 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,675,599 times
I know my town banned it (not on your list) and so did 2 of the neighboring towns. The other 2 I'm not sure of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts