Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 AM

11 posts, read 35,938 times

Advertisements

My husband and I would like to take a trip to Ocean City over the next couple of weeks. I wanted to find out where is the best place to stay that is on the boardwalk or across the street from the boardwalk???

I would love to stay at a hotel with an ocean view but I'm not sure where to go or how much it will cost. We want to stay near all of the attractions and restaurants that are in walking distance. I am disabled and use a wheelchair so I want to make it easier on my husband since he will be pushing me around. Could you also recommend the best restaurants to eat at that are reasonably priced?

Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated......palarin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 PM

372 posts, read 534,744 times
You might want to contact the Chamber of Commerce or Visitor's Center to help you make your decision. There are many places to stay and eat--just depends on your preferences and budget.

Traditional places are: Phillips Crab House, Thrashers, Ocean City fudge and taffy.

Staying on the boardwalk is fun, but tends to be noisier.

Hope you have fun.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:01 AM

25 posts, read 75,311 times
I agree that staying at a place on the boardwalk should minimize any inconvienence to you and your husband, and present many options for restuarants and things to do. Stay away from the areas below about 4th street...this part of the boardwalk is the busiest and noisiest. The Holiday Inn at 17th street is nice (all suites) but pricey. You may want to check out the Beach Plaza on 14th and the boardwalk, it's an older hotel but well kept, and has a Phillips restuarant in it with inside and outside seating, as well as a nice porch fronting the boards. Also, the Howard Johnsons on the boardwalk at 12th street is nice and also has a decent restaurant inside. Good Luck and have fun!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 AM

45,498 posts, read 60,718,893 times
Phillips on 14th also has 3 BR apartments right off the Boardwalk acroos the street from the restaurant behind the Safari Hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland