Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:32 PM

9 posts, read 47,764 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a reasonably priced venue to host our baby's first birthday party. I tried looking up online but did not find anything that fits our needs. We do not want activity specific venue (bounce houses, pump it up, gymfinity etc.) We looked at some rooms offered at hotels however they were too dark, dull and depressing. We have been to parties hosted at community clubhouses and thats the kind of space I am looking for. Most restaurants ask that we order the food from them which are not keen on doing since I have a theme in mind. Basically what I am looking for is:

1. A rental space/hall that can accommodate around 35 guests.
2. Some place where we can bring our own food and do our own decorations
3. Reasonably priced.

If any of you are aware of such a rental space on the west side of Madison please please let me know.

I am also looking for someone who can make a cake for the birthday. So if you have any reference for that it would be great.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 09:59 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,398,282 times
The Fitchburg Community Center fits your requirements to a "T."

Call Tony King in the Parks and rec department: 270-4285.

I would go with Cupcakes A-Go-Go for the cake. Cupcakes-A-Go-Go | Madison Wisconsin

Old 06-28-2012, 02:00 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,416,101 times
I've been very happy with Craig's Cakes in Verona, each and every time. The flavor is outstanding, but the style of the cakes can be more subjective - their signature is white chocolate shavings on top of the frosting.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:37 AM

Thank you Megan.. I called and left a message @ Fitchburg Community center. Hoping to hear from then soon. I did check their website and it says that decorations are restricted and so is food in some rooms. That is my only concern. Hope to get it cleared when I talk to them.

Ragnar - I will check Craig's Cakes in Verona. Thank you for the recommendation.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 AM

The decoration restrictions are they don't allow glitter or small confetti type material. I've never seen any food restrictions at the events I've been to. Probably don't let you actually cook there, you have to carry in or have a caterer.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:47 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,024,066 times
not sure if or how many other children would be present at the party, but one option (weather permitting) would be at the park by Vilas Zoo. We actually had a party there for our daughter when she was young (granted not 1 hence the question on other guests) but in the right weather it's beautiful out there. You can bring in what you want, other kids have plenty to do, etc
But if the guests are for most part adults then maybe not so much....

anyhow just a thought

Old 07-05-2012, 05:31 PM

Megan1967 - We visited the Fitchburg Community center and really liked the place. However there was another event booked on the day we wanted the place. As you mentioned, it fit my requirements to a T. Decorations and food were allowed in room that we wanted to book. Unfortunately it did not work out for us this time. They however did give us a list of possible venues.

Thanks for your help.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
not sure if or how many other children would be present at the party, but one option (weather permitting) would be at the park by Vilas Zoo. We actually had a party there for our daughter when she was young (granted not 1 hence the question on other guests) but in the right weather it's beautiful out there. You can bring in what you want, other kids have plenty to do, etc
But if the guests are for most part adults then maybe not so much....

anyhow just a thought
Our party has more adults and few kids. Almost 85% will be adults. We did have think of having it at the park as an option but with not many kids we were not sure if it would work out well.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:37 PM

You are welcome. I don't know of any other community centers on the West side, but Waunakee has a really attractive facility.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:44 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
And if you are willing to consider the East side, the Goodman-Atwood Community Center is a stunning facility on Waubesa between Milwaukee Street and Atwood. I didn't mention it before because you said you were looking for something on the West side, but if you can go a little farther afield, that could be a very good option for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison