Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2014, 06:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,280 times

Advertisements

We are wondering if anyone has built a home with this company. Their price to build our custom home on our lot in Bibb County is really low compared to our other bids and we can't find any info on them anywhere even though they say they have been in business a few years.

The other builders bidding on our project also claim that the owner of All Ga Custom Homes, Steve Underwood has a really bad reputation for shoddy construction and mistreating subcontractors. We are
not sure if this is sour grapes or not but, again we can't find any info on this company. Does anyone know anything that would help us or should we shy away because of the cheap price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,876 times
I haven't used him, but I will tell you to stay as far away from Best Way Homes of Macon / Windmill Inc. Nick Stuart is the builder and M.H. Henderson Sousa is the owner. He also goes by All Brick Homes on his business card. They build as cheap as they come. You will have things breaking before you even close on your house.

Last edited by citymacondata; 11-17-2015 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-15-2017, 07:38 PM

3 posts, read 5,061 times
Stay away from All Ga. custom homes , he will do partial work for full pay , he completes Nothing and when he gets a draw you want see him for weeks, then he comes back for a few days, does part of the next phase to get a draw and gone again, he will tell you what you want to hear, and when you confront him about not telling the truth he will either change the subject or start making excuses , No one can make more excuses than Steve, being the customer means nothing to him . The only thing he cares about is the next draw he can get, If your lucky he might come to your job site a few times during your painful experience, If you confront him he will make excuses and not meet with you. I will update again very soon.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:14 PM

3 posts, read 5,061 times
Stay away from All Ga. custom homes , he will do partial work for full pay , he completes Nothing and when he gets a draw you want see him for weeks, then he comes back for a few days, does part of the next phase to get a draw and gone again, he will tell you what you want to hear, and when you confront him about not telling the truth he will either change the subject or start making excuses , No one can make more excuses than Steve, being the customer means nothing to him . The only thing he cares about is the next draw he can get, If your lucky he might come to your job site a few times during your painful experience, If you confront him he will make excuses and not meet with you . Also he will not check behind the subs and will not correct any issues , he will try to take the cheap way out in every phase, he does not care if the customer is happy, he lives to suck your money out of the project! I suggest a back ground check on any contractor you select. This contractor has closed his Macon office , also never go to a loan officer recommended by Steve , they will give him your money and will not protect you from being scammed out of your life savings. I hope this will keep families from the pain and suffering we have been through.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:35 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,400,393 times
Can you be more specific?
Most contractors play the same game.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,780 times
To Disgusted Homeowner,
I think your post is very specific and I feel your pain. I know exactly what you mean because I am living the same nightmare right now. I researched this company before signing a contract and could not find anything about it. It would have been nice if reviews like yours had been available to me.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:33 PM

2 posts, read 3,735 times
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Steve Underwood, owner of All Georgia Custom Homes, builtour house when he worked with Southland Custom Homes and we were pleased withhis product. [/SIZE][SIZE=3]We trusted Steve and AllGeorgia Custom Homes to do a second job on our home, which was to build agarage with a bonus room above it.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Ourtrust was misplaced.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Steve promised thiswould only be a 6 week job. [/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Our projectstarted in March of 2017.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]After 10painstaking months, we gave Steve an ultimatum to be finished by 2/14/18.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]This was delivered to him over the phone whenwe spoke, via email (both [/SIZE][/FONT][EMAIL="wsu1960@cox.net"][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]wsu1960@cox.net[/SIZE][/FONT][/EMAIL][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]and [/SIZE][/FONT][EMAIL="allgacustomhomes@gmail.com"][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]allgacustomhomes@gmail.com[/SIZE][/FONT][/EMAIL][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]),via text (478-808-5897) and was attempted via certified mail (256 PebblebrookLn Macon, GA 31220) but was sent back when he wouldn’t sign for it.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]On February 10, 2018 Steve texted me that he wasquitting without finishing the project. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Steve took $44,850.00 from us. [/SIZE][SIZE=3]A lien has been placed on our home for$2,335.42 due to Steve’s negligence in handling our money.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]The project isn’t finished and the work thatwas done is shoddy.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Siding on the househas not been caulked at the corners.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Shingles were not put around the two dormers to cover the flashing.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]We had a retaining wall built for parkingthat has a crack running down it about 4 feet long.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]There is a wall that is not properlycantilevered; currently it has a couple 2x4s and one cinder block holding itup.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]The building inspector came to lookat the work before we get somebody else to finish it and let us know that thereare multiple other issues that are not up to code and will have to beredone.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]To top it off, there was a giantpile of trash left at our house that we have been working to clean up eachweekend; not just trash from construction, but also countless empty beer cansand liquor bottles.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Steve presented himself as a licensed General Contractor butI’ve been unable to locate it on the Georgia Secretary of State website(William Steve Underwood). [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Admittedly, weshould have checked before starting the project and not now that we haveissues, but we trusted him after building our house.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Steve does a great job presenting himself as aknowledgeable contractor and a down to earth God-fearing man.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]In reality, I believe Steve is a charlatan andcrook.[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I’m writing this review in hopes that nobody else makes themistake we did in trusting Steve Underwood with their hard earned money or endsup with in the predicament he has left us in. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 03-03-2018, 10:35 PM

2 posts, read 3,735 times
Steve Underwood, owner of All Georgia Custom Homes, built our house when he worked with Southland Custom Homes and we were pleased with his product. We trusted Steve and All Georgia Custom Homes to do a second job on our home, which was to build a garage with a bonus room above it. Our trust was misplaced. Steve promised this would only be a 6 week job. Our project started in March of 2017. After 10 painstaking months, we gave Steve an ultimatum to be finished by 2/14/18. This was delivered to him over the phone when we spoke, via email (both [EMAIL="wsu1960@cox.net"]wsu1960@cox.net[/EMAIL] and [EMAIL="allgacustomhomes@gmail.com"]allgacustomhomes@gmail.com[/EMAIL]), via text (478-808-5897) and was attempted via certified mail (256 Pebblebrook Ln Macon, GA 31220) but was sent back when he wouldn’t sign for it. On February 10, 2018 Steve texted me that he was quitting without finishing the project.
Steve took $44,850.00 from us. A lien has been placed on our home for $2,335.42 due to Steve’s negligence in handling our money. The project isn’t finished and the work that was done is shoddy. Siding on the house has not been caulked at the corners. Shingles were not put around the two dormers to cover the flashing. We had a retaining wall built for parking that has a crack running down it about 4 feet long. There is a wall that is not properly cantilevered; currently it has a couple 2x4s and one cinder block holding it up. The building inspector came to look at the work before we get somebody else to finish it and let us know that there are multiple other issues that are not up to code and will have to be redone. To top it off, there was a giant pile of trash left at our house that we have been working to clean up each weekend; not just trash from construction, but also countless empty beer cans and liquor bottles.
Steve presented himself as a licensed General Contractor but I’ve been unable to locate it on the Georgia Secretary of State website (William Steve Underwood). Admittedly, we should have checked before starting the project and not now that we have issues, but we trusted him after building our house. Steve does a great job presenting himself as a knowledgeable contractor and a down to earth God-fearing man. In reality, I believe Steve is a charlatan and crook.
I’m writing this review in hopes that nobody else makes the mistake we did in trusting Steve Underwood with their hard earned money or ends up with in the predicament he has left us in.

Old 03-30-2018, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,780 times
Steve Underwood is not a licensed contractor nor has he ever been. He is using the license number of a previous coworker without his permission to fraudulently obtain building permits. Pull your building permit and check to see if there is a notarized affidavit signed by the license holder. If not, the permit was issued without proper authorization. He fraudulently misrepresented himself as a licensed builder and thereby induced me into signing a construction contract. I have filed a police report in Bibb County for the fraudulent misrepresentation and it is being investigated, and I've talked to someone in the D.A.'s office who is following up with the Bibb County investigator. I have also filed reports with the Better Business Bureau and Georgia State Licensing Agency. I encourage everyone who has been taken advantage of by Steve Underwood (All Georgia Custom Homes) to file a police report in the county where he misrepresented himself as a licensed contractor and also file with the BBB and State Licensing Agency. My building permit was obtained in another county, and I will be filing charges there for fraudulently obtaining the permit. My next step is going to the media to prevent this from continuing.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:33 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,400,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC R View Post
Steve Underwood is not a licensed contractor nor has he ever been. He is using the license number of a previous coworker without his permission to fraudulently obtain building permits. Pull your building permit and check to see if there is a notarized affidavit signed by the license holder. If not, the permit was issued without proper authorization. He fraudulently misrepresented himself as a licensed builder and thereby induced me into signing a construction contract. I have filed a police report in Bibb County for the fraudulent misrepresentation and it is being investigated, and I've talked to someone in the D.A.'s office who is following up with the Bibb County investigator. I have also filed reports with the Better Business Bureau and Georgia State Licensing Agency. I encourage everyone who has been taken advantage of by Steve Underwood (All Georgia Custom Homes) to file a police report in the county where he misrepresented himself as a licensed contractor and also file with the BBB and State Licensing Agency. My building permit was obtained in another county, and I will be filing charges there for fraudulently obtaining the permit. My next step is going to the media to prevent this from continuing.
The BBB is a waste of your time. Call the State AG and file the complaint there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: