Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2007, 07:15 PM

3 posts, read 23,869 times

Advertisements

I was recently notified that I have to move to Palmdale in a month for a job. After reading several threads, I am getting a little nervous about my decision. I am an aerospace engineer and I am doing this solely for the love of my job. However I do want to make the best of my stay but the apartment search has been less than assuring. I started looking at Santa Clarita and fell in love with the area. But I would like to avoid the daily drive if possible. Basically my question is...does anyone know similar condos/townhomes found in santa clarita that can be found in palmdale/lancaster? I would love to live somewhere that has been recently been developed and offers garage, W/D in unit, allow pets, the good stuff....Thanks in advance for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 10:28 PM

55 posts, read 405,929 times
Default Take Santa Clarita

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdale_help View Post
I was recently notified that I have to move to Palmdale in a month for a job. After reading several threads, I am getting a little nervous about my decision. I am an aerospace engineer and I am doing this solely for the love of my job. However I do want to make the best of my stay but the apartment search has been less than assuring. I started looking at Santa Clarita and fell in love with the area. But I would like to avoid the daily drive if possible. Basically my question is...does anyone know similar condos/townhomes found in santa clarita that can be found in palmdale/lancaster? I would love to live somewhere that has been recently been developed and offers garage, W/D in unit, allow pets, the good stuff....Thanks in advance for the help!
Take Santa Clarita and take the train. You don't want to get stuck in Palmdale or Lancaster right now. You've read the threads...be forewarned.

If you're with Lockheed, try contacting the Lockheed Employees Recreation Club at Unit 12. Many Lockheeders post for sale/rent listings in the company rag, and also through the LERC.

If you MUST live in Palmdale, avoid anything south of Plant 42 and east of the 14 freeway...it's a war zone. Decent digs can be found on the west side in some of the newer areas, but as the now-closed threads illustrate, Section 8 and "ghettoization" is happening there, as well. Whatever you do, try to get someone in the aero industry to give you some assistance...do NOT trust realtors. They're desperate to unload anything they can now.

As far as prices go, everything is falling in the whole area surrounding the plant. Investing now may not be wise, but short term leasing may not work either, as many of these newer owners are already upside-down on thier properties.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:20 AM

3 posts, read 23,869 times
Thanks DeserTBoB. I don't really trust realtors too so thats why I have been relying on myself to find a place. You are absolutely right. I will stick to Santa Clarita and will probably make a trip up next week to view some places.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:29 AM

6 posts, read 43,476 times
Default Palmdale/Lancaster

I'm a realtor in the AV and I don't try to "unload" anything on anyone. In fact, there are several areas of both Pdale and Lancaster, both east and west that I won't go into and I will NOT show homes.

So you're wrong in your statement to not trust realtors. They are not all the same.

Rancho Tierra Del Sol is in EAST LANCASTER. It's gorgeous, huge custom homes, beautiful and upscale.... so don't give me this "east side sucks" routine.

Take a trip to 10th West and Avenue I (yes, folks, it's a WEST SIDE ZIP CODE!!)...... see if you want to live in that WEST SIDE area.... or how about 30th West, toward 40th West and ohh.... on/about Avenue K12.... just north of Avenue L... every other house is section 8 and it's a west side neighborhood.

Quartz Hill.... I'd say on/about 50th west toward 55th west between L and M --- kind of a slummy area don't you think? Wow, another west side neighborhood!

So when you say "stay on the west side" you're sabotaging someone who doesn't know the area and not giving them the complete picture.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 7,365 times
Default living in palmdale

I am a professional woman living in Palmdale. There is a nice condo complex called Monte Vista that is gated with W/D in the unit, 2/2, and rents for under a thousand a month.
It is "ghetto" here with pockets of "not so bad" and there is nothing for a single professional to do here other than go someplace else.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,951 times
Does anyone know if an owner of an condominium that is rented out in city of Palmdale, CA need to: a) register the condo with Building and Safety Department, and b) obtain a Business License? I know that the owners who rented their SFR and multiple units are required to do so.
Thank you.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,497 times
We own 2.5 acres of what I'd call "raw land" between Palmdale and Lancaster. Specifially, between 125th and 130th Streets and between Avenue O and Avenue N-8. Can anyone tell me what's going on, if anything, in that general area? Appreciate any information you can offer. Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles