Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:48 PM

736 posts, read 2,294,823 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts on the feasiblity of meeting 20 to 30-something women at LA area beaches (Venice, Santa Monica, Hermosa, etc.) for dating???

On the one hand, it would seem a bar is the more socially acceptable place to approach a single lady with the intent of asking for her number.

On the other hand, it seems like people have less of a guard up if it's the middle of the day at the beach.

I used to work with a very attractive woman who met her husband while hanging at the beach in Santa Monica.

Again, I am not saying this is the norm (i.e., meeting future wife at beach) but what do people think about the general idea of meeting single women at the beach????

Crazy, unlikely, or possible?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 01:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
No. It is not possible.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:57 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,190,547 times
how about the bars that are at the beach like main st. in santa monica or on washington blvd at the venice pier. hermosa would probably be even better.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:07 PM

736 posts, read 2,294,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
how about the bars that are at the beach like main st. in santa monica or on washington blvd at the venice pier. hermosa would probably be even better.
Yes, I hear you. But the OP is asking about meeting women at THE BEACH DURING THE DAYTIME (on the sand, boardwalk, or even in the water), Not in the bars.

Appreciate your thoughts regardless.....

Old 07-14-2009, 02:56 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,394,193 times
Get into beach volleyball. You can meet some pretty tough (and generally good looking) women doing that. Also, obviously, ocean sports - surfing, kite surfing, sailboarding, diving. Shared interests and all that.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:28 AM

1,297 posts, read 5,508,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
Any thoughts on the feasiblity of meeting 20 to 30-something women at LA area beaches (Venice, Santa Monica, Hermosa, etc.) for dating???

On the one hand, it would seem a bar is the more socially acceptable place to approach a single lady with the intent of asking for her number.

On the other hand, it seems like people have less of a guard up if it's the middle of the day at the beach.

I used to work with a very attractive woman who met her husband while hanging at the beach in Santa Monica.

Again, I am not saying this is the norm (i.e., meeting future wife at beach) but what do people think about the general idea of meeting single women at the beach????

Crazy, unlikely, or possible?????

Its Possible.... especially during the summer my friend, my friend.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Ohs

236 posts, read 712,561 times
It depends I would not suggest just walking up to a girl especially because they most likely would be with a friend and it would seem out of place and awkward and make you look more like a creepster. I think women feel more vulnerable and guarded when they are at the beach to relax and half naked in a swim suit. Like Bayareahillbilly said you would need some kind of activity you are doing to have something in common to talk about. It you were younger and looking for teenagers then you could probably talk to girls sitting together who are giggly because they are their to be social, but women in their 20's and 30's don't typically think of the beach as a social place unless they are doing some sort of activity.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:46 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,607,140 times
Women at the beach are there to relax or get some sun. It is a great place for a date, but don't count on meeting anyone there.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:23 AM

1,786 posts, read 6,898,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Get into beach volleyball.
ABSOLUTELY. Haven't you guys heard of "pickup" games?

Old 07-15-2009, 05:29 PM

8,305 posts, read 13,439,396 times
Don't get me wrong but if you had to ask this type of a question, chances are you are not the type of person who would succeed at it but good luck regardless!

I believe anywhere on this planet is a suitable place as long as you have the right attitude! Just get out there and approach people with a positive, sincere attitude....the rest will be up to the cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles