Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2021, 11:45 AM

6,749 posts, read 6,733,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
This study doesn't include the second lockdown and the highest unemployment in the lowest 48 that it produced. You also don't need an academic study when publicly available data shows that SF had 3x as many overdose deaths as COVID deaths last year, and then housing density (not pop density) correlated incredibly tightly to cases and deaths. Therefore, closing outdoor dining in 2.0 people per household SF did exactly nothing to slow the spread in 4-10 people per household Central Valley communities. Closing outdoor parks where rates were barely increasing did nothing to slow the spread in communities, prisons, and nursing homes where it was spreading indoors.

This lack of respect for actual data is why no sensible person is taking COVID Karens seriously anymore.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:09 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
This study doesn't include the second lockdown and the highest unemployment in the lowest 48 that it produced....
You keep harping on unemployment figures, which has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about why the confirmed virus case rate and death rate was so high in Los Angeles County back in May, and how both of those rates have continued to remain high, in proportion to the rest of the state.

Your post is out of context, since you quoted my response to a poster who accused people of being "Covid Karens" if they didn't believe that the lockdowns were all politically motivated.

Old 03-21-2021, 02:28 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
TLDR...don't be poor in LA
That's pretty much true for the whole state of California (not to mention the U.S.).

High-Poverty Neighborhoods in California Are Bearing the Brunt of COVID’s Scourge:
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...nt-of-covid-19

But Los Angeles County has a lower poverty rate than many other counties in California....and those counties haven't had the same staggering rates of cases and deaths.

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/uni...in-poverty#map

Old 03-21-2021, 04:35 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
This study doesn't include the second lockdown and the highest unemployment in the lowest 48 that it produced. You also don't need an academic study when publicly available data shows that SF had 3x as many overdose deaths as COVID deaths last year, and then housing density (not pop density) correlated incredibly tightly to cases and deaths. Therefore, closing outdoor dining in 2.0 people per household SF did exactly nothing to slow the spread in 4-10 people per household Central Valley communities. Closing outdoor parks where rates were barely increasing did nothing to slow the spread in communities, prisons, and nursing homes where it was spreading indoors.

This lack of respect for actual data is why no sensible person is taking COVID Karens seriously anymore.
Lol. As if you and the hundreds (if not thousands) of other armchair expert social media posters have any real understanding of this virus.

As I pointed out in a previous thread: LA has an endemic problem with typhus (not typhoid) only shared by one or two other locales in the nation (one being a county in Texas ... forget which one). Every year there is an outbreak ... from year to year it varies in severity and numbers ... some years low impact ... others epidemic in proportion. Yet most of the nation remains in minor if any simultaneous outbreaks. Why? Well, though epidemiologists and scientists know a very great deal about typhus, they still can’t say with certainty after all these years of study.

Epidemiologists and scientists know far less about Covid 19 than typhus. Yet armchair ‘experts’ from coast to coast are full of answers? What great analysts you all are.

Old 03-21-2021, 05:03 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
What I do know is Doc. Fauci has made a TON of money off Corvid- 19.

Old 03-21-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
What I do know is Doc. Fauci has made a TON of money off Corvid- 19.
Oh? Tell us how ...

Old 03-21-2021, 10:40 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
That is a very alarming statistic. I think I'll cite it the next time I see a twenty-something jogging on a sidewalk and not wearing a mask. Or cite it before the judge if I face aggravated assault charges...
I deal with this in San Diego. If I could I would beat heads with baseball bats but instead I run quickly across the street sometimes into traffic to avoid these fools. I hope they drop dead.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:42 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh? Tell us how ...
We can start with the $1,000,000 Prize he has won from Israel for leading the call to wear masks after saying they don't help.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
We can start with the $1,000,000 Prize he has won from Israel for leading the call to wear masks after saying they don't help.
He didn’t win the David award / prize for “leading the call to wear masks” ... he won it for a “lifetime of defending science” in his nearly 60 year career in public health service.

And now that we’ve clarified that “starter” accusation, how about filling us readers in on all the many other ways you think Fauci has profited from Covid19.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:36 AM

14,317 posts, read 11,708,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I deal with this in San Diego. If I could I would beat heads with baseball bats but instead I run quickly across the street sometimes into traffic to avoid these fools. I hope they drop dead.
You run in front of motor vehicles to get away from people who are 99.9% likely to be perfectly healthy and, even if they were sick, can almost certainly not transmit a virus to you in the few seconds they are in your vicinity in the outside air? I hope this is satire, or otherwise you just might become a Darwin award winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles