Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 06:32 PM

61 posts, read 100,359 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I am looking into possibly joining a private plastic surgery practice in Smithtown.
I don't know the area at all...
Is it affluent? Are there affluent areas around it? My impression is that it is not. Of course, I am inquiring with other sources as well, but an unbiased answer from here would be helpful.

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2016, 07:07 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,015 times
Some parts are, sure. The Main St. area used to get real trashy with all the bars around there. It was also DWI heaven and Fight Central in the parking lots. This was a few years ago, not sure how it is now. The surrounding towns of Nissequogue and Head-of-the-Harbor have some bucks. Kings Park is a giant white trash town that could use a good heroin epidemic for cleansing purposes. My guess, is that if you're any good, and the practice is any good, you'll attract clients from all over.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:29 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
Some parts are, sure. The Main St. area used to get real trashy with all the bars around there. It was also DWI heaven and Fight Central in the parking lots. This was a few years ago, not sure how it is now. The surrounding towns of Nissequogue and Head-of-the-Harbor have some bucks. Kings Park is a giant white trash town that could use a good heroin epidemic for cleansing purposes. My guess, is that if you're any good, and the practice is any good, you'll attract clients from all over.
Wow...got something against kings park?? Jeeze...

Old 08-31-2016, 07:39 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,536,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Wow...got something against kings park?? Jeeze...
We can debate the trashiness of KP but that's not funny.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:52 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,015 times
Yeah, maybe that was a little harsh.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:53 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy14 View Post
Hello all,
I am looking into possibly joining a private plastic surgery practice in Smithtown.
I don't know the area at all...
Is it affluent? Are there affluent areas around it? My impression is that it is not. Of course, I am inquiring with other sources as well, but an unbiased answer from here would be helpful.

Thanks!
I don't live in the area any longer, but Smithtown is fairly large, with areas that are middle income, upper middle income and some that are better. Nearby St. James, Stony Brook and Setauket are more affluent, but there are exceptions. Old Field is not terribly far from Smithtown, and it's a wealthy area.

Women on the North Shore in general, are very appearance conscious. I don't think you will lack patients.

As I am sure you know, even middle class people, including men, are opting for cosmetic surgery, Botox, fillers etc.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:45 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Smithtown itself, I'd say is middle class to slightly upper middle class. Parts of St. James and then Nissequogue is where the money is.

I felt like the town used to be thriving 20+ years ago, but then it kind of went downhill. That's not to say it's bad in anyway, but I feel like it just doesn't have the draw it once had.

As from a practice standpoint, I drive from Huntington to Smithtown to visit my plastic surgeon, as do many other patients. However, I do wish I could find someone closer and affiliated with my hospital.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:17 PM

61 posts, read 100,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Smithtown itself, I'd say is middle class to slightly upper middle class. Parts of St. James and then Nissequogue is where the money is.

I felt like the town used to be thriving 20+ years ago, but then it kind of went downhill. That's not to say it's bad in anyway, but I feel like it just doesn't have the draw it once had.

As from a practice standpoint, I drive from Huntington to Smithtown to visit my plastic surgeon, as do many other patients. However, I do wish I could find someone closer and affiliated with my hospital.
I'm sure there are many in Huntingon.. why the drive to Smithtown?

Old 09-01-2016, 02:17 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy14 View Post
I'm sure there are many in Huntingon.. why the drive to Smithtown?
I wanted a facial plastic surgeon and he had not just a lot of reviews (way more than any other surgeon in the area), but they were also very good reviews. Most folks don't openly discuss having cosmetic procedures, so its hard to find doctors based on "word of mouth."

Old 09-01-2016, 04:45 PM

1,725 posts, read 4,035,808 times
Smithtown hamlet is solidly middle class and up. Smithtown Township as a whole, I would widen that range in both directions especially after including the incorporated villages within the township. To get to the point of your question, there are plenty of people willing to spend money on plastic surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island