Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 06:20 AM

369 posts, read 1,302,291 times

Advertisements

http://www.arkansasleader.com/2007/1...tween-two.html
This is going to get very interesting. Even the residents of Gravel Ridge are split on which city they should join. They currently use a Jacksonville zip code, but half of the community still prefer to be annexed by Sherwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 06:05 PM

40 posts, read 154,115 times
If I were Gravel Ridge, I'd go with Sherwood.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonym267 View Post
If I were Gravel Ridge, I'd go with Sherwood.
It is starting to appear now that Sherwood has no chance. They have nothing to offer Gravel Ridge and perception is that they are only attempting to annex the community to spite Jacksonville. Jacksonville has already invested a lot of money in the Gravel Ridge community and is willing to spend more... Sherwood on the other hand has not and will not offer anything to the residents of Gravel Ridge.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:46 PM

As a resident of the city of Sherwood, I would like to welcome the people of the FORMER Gravel Ridge community to our fair city! The population of the city of Sherwood is now 26,654 (2006 estimate including both Sherwood and the former Gravel Ridge community). Jacksonville should be concerned that they have spent all these years investing in the Gravel Ridge community and that over 3/4 of Gravel Ridge residents voted Sherwood over Jacksonville. Although there is not much difference between Sherwood and Jacksonville, perception is that Jacksonville is more "trashy" due to all of the trailer parks in town which tend to attract undesirables to the community. Jacksonville desperately needs to change it's image.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,505 times
The LRAFB has a lot to do with it. There are a lot of enlisted personnel that are trying to make the best of their housing allowance and often that means low income properties. It has affected Jacksonville some and improved Cabot and Sherwood some, whether it's right or wrong.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,475 times
I wish people would not bash a city that they know absoultely nothing about. Jacksonville is a great place to live. It is continually growing. There are now over 32,000 people that live in this area. Gravel Ridge should go to Jacksonville. People from that area already go to Jacksonville to by groceries and shop anyways. Jacksonville is bigger, and has more money than Sherwood does. Also, Jacksonville does not have trailer parks in the city that are trashy and nasty, so to the north pulaski player that stated that you are wrong. I have lived in Jacksonville for 21 years and have not seen many trailer parks in town. The trailer parks that are in Jacksonville, no one knows of because they are covered by trees or large fences. This city is receiving a brand new library, a brand new post office, has a newly renevated Wal-mart, has great restaurants as Chili's and CiCi's, has a new Sears, a new Wal-greens, a fairly new Lowes, a brand new shopping area, has a nice museum and beautiful downtown water fountain, brand new base housing and renevations, and this city has created five new nice neighborhoods over the past five years, in which all the houses are filled. Also, the city is expanding for two new neighborhoods, one being a 5 acre plus, gated commmunity. This city is expanding and growing. This city is totally different than what it was just eight years ago. So tell me once again why Jacksonville is "trashy" and why this city should not get Gravel Ridge.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:25 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,270,385 times
Um....nessa, North Pulaski Player said that is the PERCEPTION, not that J'ville is trashy. I think you missed what he said - what people think and what actually is are two different things - perception versus reality.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:01 PM

Nessa, I really wish that you would read my previous post again, and this time read it thoroughly. First of all, I am in Sherwood so I know as much about Jacksonville as I know about Sherwood. I even do a majority of my shopping in Jacksonville since I prefer it over North Little Rock. Secondly, I specifically said that there is not much difference between Sherwood and Jacksonville other than perception. Unfortunately in this world, perception is realility. And please don't tell me that people do not know about the trailer parks in Jacksonville! Coming from the north on 67, the first thing you see as you enter Jacksonville city limits is a giant trailer park, and from the freeway, you see more trailers than you see houses! And it's even worse on Highway 161 on the south end of town... seeing double-wide trailers sitting beside brick houses look aweful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area