Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 7,193 times

Advertisements

Hello.

I am moving to Vegas for work at the end of this month, and I'm considering renting a condo in this complex, which is located in Northwest Las Vegas?

Anyone have any thoughts? Good? Bad? Ugly?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 04:58 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,582,834 times
That place is really high on my list too.Hope too hear good stuff.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 6,644 times
I just purchased a condo there. I really like it. It is for my son. I have lived in Las Vegas for 36 yrs. So I know the area well.....My cousin has been there for 4 years. He really loves the place. The area is so nice and there is room for growth.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:07 PM

444 posts, read 1,617,103 times
Be sure to visit every portion of their site. In some areas it suggests 3 BR 2Ba for about $800. Deeper into the site, like floor plans, it sayd more like $1240.

Also you might want to actually measure out the room sizes compared to where you are living, rooms in your mirror may be smaller than they appear. We did that and were still surprised how quickly our apartment filled up with furniture.

If possible, have someone locally check to see if the ammenities are actually there. We were surprised that only 1 out of 3 pools was in service and the steam room and weight room were out of service for 8 out of our 12 months in our apartment. This was not our location, I'm just saying it would be good to check.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:42 PM

179 posts, read 390,407 times
Please help if anyone has reliable information and opinion based on actual logical facts regarding the Grand Canyon Village Condos/Apartments complex at 8250 N Grand Canyon Avenue, LV, NV 89166.

I am sitting on an offer to buy what may be the final resting place for me, the final years of living, the "downhill slide" in other words - and it's wrapping up all my eggs in one basket if I make this move.

And I have to respond - today. I have to get some reliable information.

On this forum, some people are saying nice things and nothing too horrible about this complex.

However, on apartmentratings.com they have the address wrong, which I called, it's the avenue for the management company, but it's the same complex - and then three people have nothing but horrible ratings - calling it "roach infested" and "pools are unsanitary" and going on endlessly about "drugs", "noise", basically making it sound like a ghetto.

The demographics on this zip code and neighborhood sound decent, the official website for the place looks professional and decent, the place I would be getting needs some work but would be worth it if it's good for the final 5 to 20 years of life - I just experienced a major death of only best friend of 31 years - I MUST reorganize financially and consolidate into someplace affordable - and am moving from out of state - so I can't see this place in person and am relying a LOT on internet research and general public opinion.

If anyone has something good, bad or in-between to comment on this particular neighborhood and complex in particular - please let me know - and also "why" - as the one online rating system just has nothing but 3 people bad-mouthing it to death - but not sure if that is biased without being fair or the actual honest to goodness truth - to avoid it like the plague, is how they make it out to be.

Any and all comments would be highly appreciated if you are "in the know" about this complex.

Thanks so much.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:34 PM

367 posts, read 819,152 times
The back of my house faces Grand Canyon Village.

I know the reputation of the condos within our community (Centennial Point) is that it's a "trouble center", mainly because of teens jumping our fences to party with our teens, but that's about all I have heard thus far (IMHO, it's no different than any other mixed owner-occupied/rental "suburban" type place). I hear that it's HEAVILY rental at the moment.

I do not hear much noise coming from there, to be honest - they've been pretty good, quiet neighbors overall.

I think if you decide to move there you will be fine.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:39 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,315,397 times
Sheryl, I think your best bet would be to rent in that area first, say at Wellington Meadows which is on the opposite side of the street from Summerhill Pointe, by the library,etc. In Peccole Ranch. Get to know the area, find out more about Grand Canyon village and the neighborhood in general.
That condo complex you are interested in used to be just apts. They were converted in the condo craze of a few years back, when prices skyrocketed for homes and condo's. I also think that zip code is wrong. You sure it isn't 89117?
Don't buy into anything blindly. Do your own research and you may find something better out there or end up buying the condo after you find out more about it. Then again, you might like living at Wellington Meadows so much you won't want to go back.
Wellington Meadows - Luxury Apartment Living

Old 06-26-2009, 08:40 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,247,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl_Jones View Post
Please help if anyone has reliable information and opinion based on actual logical facts regarding the Grand Canyon Village Condos/Apartments complex at 8250 N Grand Canyon Avenue, LV, NV 89166.

I am sitting on an offer to buy what may be the final resting place for me, the final years of living, the "downhill slide" in other words - and it's wrapping up all my eggs in one basket if I make this move.

And I have to respond - today. I have to get some reliable information.

On this forum, some people are saying nice things and nothing too horrible about this complex.

However, on apartmentratings.com they have the address wrong, which I called, it's the avenue for the management company, but it's the same complex - and then three people have nothing but horrible ratings - calling it "roach infested" and "pools are unsanitary" and going on endlessly about "drugs", "noise", basically making it sound like a ghetto.

The demographics on this zip code and neighborhood sound decent, the official website for the place looks professional and decent, the place I would be getting needs some work but would be worth it if it's good for the final 5 to 20 years of life - I just experienced a major death of only best friend of 31 years - I MUST reorganize financially and consolidate into someplace affordable - and am moving from out of state - so I can't see this place in person and am relying a LOT on internet research and general public opinion.

If anyone has something good, bad or in-between to comment on this particular neighborhood and complex in particular - please let me know - and also "why" - as the one online rating system just has nothing but 3 people bad-mouthing it to death - but not sure if that is biased without being fair or the actual honest to goodness truth - to avoid it like the plague, is how they make it out to be.

Any and all comments would be highly appreciated if you are "in the know" about this complex.

Thanks so much.
Don't do it. Thaty complex is as disaster area owned by absentee owners who have lost their shirts. It is not a place to buy owner occupied for the long term. It will be difficult and ugly and may even go bankrupt. It is hell on earth waiting to happen.

DON'T GO THERE.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:21 PM

179 posts, read 390,407 times
Thank you all for your help. I hear the mixed reviews, some say not so bad, others saying avoid at all costs. Time is running short for me and if I do have to rent then may consider doing that, except coming in from out of state and not knowing the area at all and nowhere to go, with no friends or family left, it may be all I can do - I will have to think on it and worry a lot maybe if I do take the chance and move into it. I'm just worried about it and the bankruptcy worries me even more now that someone mentioned it. I was also looking at further south down on Durango Drive at the Regent at Town Center it is called, but it sounds like maybe that one is also apartment converted and going into bankruptcy and falling apart too.

I truly don't know what to think yet and haven't decided but do thank everyone for their comments based on actual experience there and in that vicinity. Part of me says doesn't sound so bad and take the chance but the other part says I will get tied up there financially for the rest of my life now and might live to regret it a year or two down the road.

Thanks again, I am still confused and unsure, but appreciate getting the honest opinions, both good, bad and in-between.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,315,397 times
Sheryl, just rent first and buy later. You will be glad you did. While renting, you can go around and scout out neighborhoods that are of interest to you. You will be amazed at all the great area's around here in the Las Vegas valley. Don't settle for something sight unseen. And good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas