Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 10:53 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,461,051 times

Advertisements

I had a 540sf 1 bedroom condo at LA Posada, near the corner of Buffalo and Lake Meade.. On the 203 bus line. Shopping was great, busses not too frequent. Rent would run about 800 pm on that u it now.. A bit nicer than desert shores, but there were plenty with housing vouchers and bad attitudes. Excellent sidewalks, a tiny bit of graffiti, and almost no litter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 08:59 PM

8 posts, read 13,745 times
Summerlin is THE best in Vegas Valley! No ifs, ands, or buts...

Old 03-20-2021, 09:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,420,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI-AVENTADOR View Post
Summerlin is THE best in Vegas Valley! No ifs, ands, or buts...
Best what? It may well be the best master plan and has some tracts that are competitive to the best in town. But it also has some tracts that are simply also rans...

And there are all sorts of places that have homes that contest the best homes for the dollar.

We for instance bought in Lone Mountain. We liked lots of Summerlin but preferred Lone Mountain. And most people who like Summerlin would turn their noses up at Lone Mountain.

All depends on what turns you on...

Old 03-21-2021, 02:08 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,415,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Best what? It may well be the best master plan and has some tracts that are competitive to the best in town. But it also has some tracts that are simply also rans...

And there are all sorts of places that have homes that contest the best homes for the dollar.

We for instance bought in Lone Mountain. We liked lots of Summerlin but preferred Lone Mountain. And most people who like Summerlin would turn their noses up at Lone Mountain.

All depends on what turns you on...
We chose Lone Mountain area also - more to our liking.

Old 03-21-2021, 10:52 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,665,089 times
Street gangs in Summerlin hahaha that’s hilarious! Lol oh man. Summerlin is one of the nicest areas of town, lots of very upscale neighborhoods, as close as you’ll find to a street gang is probably a bunch of guys playing ultimate frisbee in a park. Yes it is cooler in Summerlin and a bit more likely to snow than Henderson or the Strip, but still it’s very rare - it did just happen this last year though. We didn’t get any snow in Henderson but Summerlin got a nice solid dusting from the pictures my wife’s friends’ posted.

I don’t think you could go wrong being in Summerlin, it’s a really nice area, and well respected. If it’s cooler you want, that would be a good fit I think for you. I’d only encourage people to take a look at Henderson mainly GVR, MacDonald Ranch, even Seven Hills or Anthem if you’re poking around. We thought for sure we’d prefer Summerlin but ended up choosing Henderson - it was a fit for us. It’s all about feel, when you drive around, when you go to the place, it feels right or it feels wrong in my experience.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Street gangs in Summerlin hahaha that’s hilarious! Lol oh man. Summerlin is one of the nicest areas of town, lots of very upscale neighborhoods, as close as you’ll find to a street gang is probably a bunch of guys playing ultimate frisbee in a park. Yes it is cooler in Summerlin and a bit more likely to snow than Henderson or the Strip, but still it’s very rare - it did just happen this last year though. We didn’t get any snow in Henderson but Summerlin got a nice solid dusting from the pictures my wife’s friends’ posted.

I don’t think you could go wrong being in Summerlin, it’s a really nice area, and well respected. If it’s cooler you want, that would be a good fit I think for you. I’d only encourage people to take a look at Henderson mainly GVR, MacDonald Ranch, even Seven Hills or Anthem if you’re poking around. We thought for sure we’d prefer Summerlin but ended up choosing Henderson - it was a fit for us. It’s all about feel, when you drive around, when you go to the place, it feels right or it feels wrong in my experience.
Actually the only real snow storm we have seen in Las Vegas was centered in south Henderson. Our clients were in a short term rental on Eastern. The storm was 4 or 5 inches. The local kids were making snow men and forts. The snow lasted the next day.

We have seen a few dustings like the one a few weeks ago. Started snowing after dawn. Got a circle in the middle of the lawn. Kind of interesting...the palm trees were collecting the snow and then throwing it at the yard. Snow was gone before noon.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:53 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,028,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually the only real snow storm we have seen in Las Vegas was centered in south Henderson. Our clients were in a short term rental on Eastern. The storm was 4 or 5 inches. The local kids were making snow men and forts. The snow lasted the next day.

We have seen a few dustings like the one a few weeks ago. Started snowing after dawn. Got a circle in the middle of the lawn. Kind of interesting...the palm trees were collecting the snow and then throwing it at the yard. Snow was gone before noon.
2008 I believe and it was 8"
https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-...s-day-in-2008/

Old 03-22-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
My memory is we had nothing in the NW...but as we passed the 15 going to Henderson it appeared. Then got deeper as we went toward the SW.

It was not that big a deal...During my days in Rochester I remember a storm that started on Friday afternoon and lasted through Sunday. Was only a couple of feet of snow but accompanied by 50 and 60 mph winds. The lawn in front of our apartment was green...but the next major street across had so much snow that we walked up it and looked down at the buses. The drift was too tall for the bucket loaders so the had to grab a load and dump it into a truck to haul away. And it was not like normal snow...more like sand. You only sunk in a half inch.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:26 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,665,089 times
I wasn’t referring to snow storms, just light snow, which is far more likely in Summerlin as it’s much colder most of the time. I can see why people like that in the summer, but overall I didn’t move here to be cold - give me the extra degrees! Lol

Old 03-22-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I wasn’t referring to snow storms, just light snow, which is far more likely in Summerlin as it’s much colder most of the time. I can see why people like that in the summer, but overall I didn’t move here to be cold - give me the extra degrees! Lol
You lose my friend. Anthem in Henderson is actually a degree cooler than Summerlin in the winter. Dig around a little bit. It is all a question of altitude. And Anthem is a bit higher than Summerlin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: