Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 PM

47 posts, read 346,502 times

Advertisements

I never quite 'got' starbucks myself, and I am a young person. But then again, I was never one to follow all the fads. It's crazy the amount of starsbucks there are now; now that I'm thinking about it..whoa! Anyone notice how sickenly polite starbucks employees are? I don't typically go there, but everytime i do, they go, "Hi, how are you today?? I'm Heather, would you like to try our mocha, fropa, choco-loco frappacino latte today?? If you hesitate to order for a second they say, can I help you decide?

Weeks ago I had time to kill and was drinking my coffee there, I felt bad for the poor drive-thru girl. It must take a lot of coffee to be so cheerful! They are very big on their customer service. I was just wondering anyone else notice this?

I don't care much for their coffee either, I would rather have Coffee Bean. Everytime I go there I make the same mistake and get the iced coffee, then they give me coffee with ice in it, or milky coffee with ice. Gross! Sometimes with weird syrup. I guess I'm looking for a frappicino?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 10:33 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
LOL...who knows???? That's my problem...I can't figure out the difference between a mocha chocolada vs. a Vende frappachino???? I like to keep my coffee simple...2 Equals (or Splenda) plus some milk. DD is fast and inexpensive, and that's why I like 'em!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:07 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,387,320 times
Here is the point guys & gals:

Coffeehouses are meant to be a place where people get away from things and socialize or at the very least be with some people around them. Coffee and desserts are meant to be consumed slowly. At least that is the idea from the old coffee places of europe
What we have here many times are pseudo coffee places.
Drive thrus that get you out fast. Small interiors that really don't want you there for long. Computer nerds too busy to say hi. Others hanging out and too wrapped up in their daily routines or the "me" generetion kinda people.
We lost the meaning of going out and taking it easy while socializing and enjoying something as simple as drinking a cup of coffee.

I get a kick out of people that either go to the drive thru or walk up for a quick cup of drip coffee so they can say to themselves or others that they went to Starbucks. This is a SAD situation. People should go to coffee places to enjoy the moment, kick back and relax! WOW!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:17 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
not me....just give me my coffee...and I'll gladly be on my way. I don't see much socializing in those places, anyway, unless they come in together socializing. Otherwise, I see a bunch of individuals at 2-seat tables, set up and trying to look suave with their laptops. To each his/her own. If I want a cafe in Europe...I'll go to Europe...not some corporation-invented rip-off, trying to act as one.

Last edited by jfkIII; 11-02-2007 at 10:51 AM..

Old 11-02-2007, 10:36 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Town Center Drive near Summerlin Pkwy (Trails Center) - great meeting place - and, it is right next door to an Einsteins Bagel place

One thing about Starbucks; they have such a variety of different coffees beans available - great for those of us who love coffee and like the variety of flavors - from mild to VERY bold -

We have three different grinders at home and love to have fun with the coffee -

Starbucks is far from being a fad -

Old 11-02-2007, 10:39 AM

111 posts, read 429,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Here is the point guys & gals:

Coffeehouses are meant to be a place where people get away from things and socialize or at the very least be with some people around them. Coffee and desserts are meant to be consumed slowly. At least that is the idea from the old coffee places of europe
What we have here many times are pseudo coffee places.
Drive thrus that get you out fast. Small interiors that really don't want you there for long. Computer nerds too busy to say hi. Others hanging out and too wrapped up in their daily routines or the "me" generetion kinda people.
We lost the meaning of going out and taking it easy while socializing and enjoying something as simple as drinking a cup of coffee.

I get a kick out of people that either go to the drive thru or walk up for a quick cup of drip coffee so they can say to themselves or others that they went to Starbucks. This is a SAD situation. People should go to coffee places to enjoy the moment, kick back and relax! WOW!

I totally get this. Great post. Although I very rarely get a chance to do just that.

I do however, enjoy getting a cup of coffee at the Mall, and just sit and relax, and watch all the different people going by.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:53 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,414,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Town Center Drive near Summerlin Pkwy (Trails Center) - great meeting place - and, it is right next door to an Einsteins Bagel place

One thing about Starbucks; they have such a variety of different coffees beans available - great for those of us who love coffee and like the variety of flavors - from mild to VERY bold -

We have three different grinders at home and love to have fun with the coffee -

Starbucks is far from being a fad -
i guess i haven't been to starbucks enough, because the VERY bold coffee i got there really wasn't on par w/ some of the slap-you-in-the-face coffee's i've had at local roasters (well...not local in LV...haven't tried any here yet...but local in LA, MKE, durango and santa fe)

but they do have a variety of stuff, GD is correct, which does give them a broader appeal. and the funny thing...when i went to japan, the only thing my friends wanted me to bring them were bags of SBs coffee..i guess it is extremely expensive over there.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:07 PM

51 posts, read 201,473 times
Four pages and only two locations in answer to the OP's question.

If I see cup o'joe one more time my head will explode.

I like the Starbucks at Flamingo and Paradise. @4hr's and lots of colorful people. The staff is pretty decent too.

The one at College and Horizon in Henderson is nice too. I go there every couple weeks and they always remember my name.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:39 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof_ View Post
Four pages and only two locations in answer to the OP's question.

If I see cup o'joe one more time my head will explode.

I like the Starbucks at Flamingo and Paradise. @4hr's and lots of colorful people. The staff is pretty decent too.

The one at College and Horizon in Henderson is nice too. I go there every couple weeks and they always remember my name.
I agree that Flamingo and Paradise is a good place for people watching, especially if by "people" you mean hot babes.
I agree with Trails Center too. We like to walk our dogs in that neighborhood then have a latte on the patio and read the paper.
I like good coffee and I don't intend to apologize for liking Starbucks, nor do I need anyone's permission to go there. If others don't care for it then what do I care? I do think that for me, Coffeebean usually tastes better, but there aren't that many Coffeebeans around. I think of a latte or a mocha as a treat, especially the peppermint mochas that they only offer at Christmastime. If all I want is cup of coffee I'll make it myself, but it will be from a bag purchased at either Starbucks of Coffeebean.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:48 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
They say that you can tell by a guy's order at Starbucks what he is really like. Guys who order a grande latte are probably OK. But guys who, while talking on their cell phones, order an iced non fat vente caramel machiato with an extra shot and whipped cream with a cherry, plus a glass of water and a chocolate cream cheese muffin, heated, just have to be really big a-holes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas