Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:00 AM

11,178 posts, read 16,049,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I just can't get past the French women's hairy armpits and legs.
Huh?

I take it you haven't spent much time in France.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 08:10 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,157,939 times
A French woman could read the label on a bottle of shampoo and give me FITS

Old 03-02-2011, 08:15 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,534,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
A French woman could read the label on a bottle of shampoo and give me FITS
Thats called orgasm, dyn.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Huh?

I take it you haven't spent much time in France.
Nope...no desire whatsoever. Those smelly French don't use deodorant either. They'd rather just try and cover up the smell with fancy perfume.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:52 AM

2,723 posts, read 4,768,957 times
In light of current economic conditions in this country I can neither support nor condone anyone coming here for employment purposes. Furthermore, I firmly believe that to be fair it should be based on a mutually balanced arrangement where an equal number of U.S. citizens are accorded unencumbered opportunity to do likewise. I have travelled the world and as a U.S. citizen I discovered that most countries won't allow a foreigner to work legally without imposing excessive requirements and taxation and holding title to real estate in most foreign countries in a foreigner's name is not possible unless you exploit some legal loophole. I don't understand why we don't demand some reciprocity. We are a weak-minded country.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:03 AM

57 posts, read 132,043 times
I don't think I'm aiming for the bottom but its where you learn and climb up the ladder.

I didn't know there was such an appeal for British accents, I'm from Scotland so I presume I have quite a prominent accent. I love advertising and studied it in college but the uni I went to didn't offer advertising so I was pushed in to PR although I do love it and have studied it for 4 years now.

There are just so many things to consider in a move; I guess as a country we have it easy, we get our tax automatically taken off our wages each week/month, we have a free national health service, but the appeal of America and in-particularly Vegas. I don't know if it is better to wait til I actually have my degree in summer than approaching anyone now. Plus I'm a little reluctant as I too have that thought of if an American can do the job why take on an outsider? Immigration here has massively effected our economy too and I can see the local recruitment schemes point.

P.s I thought it was Germans who didn't shave their armpits???

Old 03-03-2011, 08:58 AM

No...but many Germans have an armpit fetish.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:49 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,398,075 times
Ah Ha. I thought Fiona was Scottish or Irish. Well, you'll have to learn our language, but you probably have a good start on it all ready.

If you want to find a career here, or anywhere, you've got to stop putting negative thoughts out there. Don't let others convince you that your dreams are wrong or can't come true.

As for advertising agencies, I mentioned those because (besides having worked at one between television gigs) most of them, especially the big ones, also handle PR for the companies they represent, and they run a lot of political campaigns. R&R Advertising, here in Las Vegas, advises most of our major politicians, and has even been prominent in many national campaigns. I don't think Paul Laxalt ever went to bathroom without consulting with Sig Rogich. Sig Rogich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the French, I haven't spent a lot of time there, but did have a great two weeks in Paris not long ago. And, after all, this is Las Vegas where we have a large French Showgirl population. So in my limited experience, I have not experienced smelly, unfriendly, armpit haired people. In fact, my experience has been just the opposite. Everyone we ran into in Paris was friendly, and all the showgirls I've ever met in Las Vegas were pretty friendly and clean. Some a little too friendly, if you get my drift.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:37 PM

57 posts, read 132,043 times
What is it you do in TV that sounds interesting!

I did have a few admirers of my accent when I visited Vegas last year for the boxing.

Ideally I would love to grasp an opportunity in advertising or PR, the only hold back is gaining the green card. Here alot of opportunities are based on who you know rather than what you know, mostly because oil is the main occupation here and somehow everyone is linked through oil. Im not at all in the right place for the degree I'l have, I chose it as I wanted something which would give me advantage in a city like NY or Vegas. I love both in very different ways.

Im almost positive that its meant to be germans who dont shave ect....but I'm not 100%. I have been researching things such as apartments too and they seem much cheaper than a flat in the center of town where I currently stay which to me was a fair shock, I thought it would be quite expensive.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:57 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,789,404 times
I lived overseas and the French were the undisputed champions of the bad body odor competition. Make no mistake about it. The British often win the bad teeth award, but that has a lot to do with the "ciggies."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: