Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2007, 08:39 AM

89 posts, read 297,732 times

Advertisements

It sounds like a "think tank" has given up on ridding Las Vegas of gangs.

ReviewJournal.com - News - THINK TANK: Report: Anti-gang tactics not working

It says arresting them just makes them stronger. I suppose they get an education in crime and make connections with other criminals while in prison.

Just execute them all on sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,244,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asik View Post
It sounds like a "think tank" has given up on ridding Las Vegas of gangs.

ReviewJournal.com - News - THINK TANK: Report: Anti-gang tactics not working

It says arresting them just makes them stronger. I suppose they get an education in crime and make connections with other criminals while in prison.

Do you ever read the references you post?

The reference says none of the above. It does in fact say that gang activity is down substantially in Las Vegas this year.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:08 AM

818 posts, read 3,701,370 times
Quote:
What exactly is the criteria for identifying a gang member "on sight?" I'm guessing your plan is similar to Adolf Hitler's. You are scum.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:21 PM

560 posts, read 2,189,885 times
Perhaps if more parents spent more time with their children and were more aware of what they are doing these kids wouldn't be so eager to find acceptance in a gang? I also wonder how exactly you could recognize a gang member on sight? Can you also recognize a terrorist on sight? Gangs have existed for centuries. There have always been "gang" wars. It is only in the last generation or so that they have become violent towards any random person. When ever I hear of these incidents, especially these parties that are going on now where a gang of kids violently crash random parties, I wonder where are the parents/guardians? My sister purchased a breathalyzer for $350 and her teenagers know that when they come home from a party etc. they will have to blow in it. They will suffer severe consequences if they test at all positive. I plan to do the same when my kids are going out on their own. Even now when my kids go somewhere I still call and check up on them. There are plenty of ways to keep track of your children if you are willing to do the work. The truth is most kids want rules and want to know what is ok and not ok. When they continuously get away with things they so often reach the conclusion that noone cares what they do anyway. That is a very dangerous place for a teenager to be.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 PM

49 posts, read 196,784 times
VERY WELL SAID 5KINGSINVEGAS!!! Could have not said it better myself! You have great views and values and will continue to read you posts. Thanks for all your info and be willing to hear more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas