Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 01:51 PM

75 posts, read 307,467 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks. Would appreciate a little help if anyone knows about this area. My sister/hubby need an interim apartment and have found this place online called robin's nest apts. Is off W. Emory Road (from Old Clinton Hwy)...pics look great, but of course we know nothing about the exact area. Believe it is close to the Food City Market and Weigel's.

Thanks so much!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:52 PM

Red face ooops, street is Jayden's Nest...sorry

Apartment complex is called robin's nest. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
I've never heard of these and I live out this way. Are you sure you have the name right?

Never mind. I found them. Well, it looks like it's in a good area.

Okay, they are not where it says they are on Google Earth. I know exactly where those apartments are. The location is okay, but fronts onto Clinton Highway. There are some sketchy trailer parks around there.

I think you can find better for the price.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by hiknapster; 04-03-2008 at 03:09 PM..

Old 04-03-2008, 06:08 PM

Default Drove over to apts...

Thanks, Hik...
Hubby and I drove over and checked them out for ourselves. Actually, the apartments are really lovely, almost brand new, very nice features - bright, trek-deck, nice-size (for apt) rooms. Spoke with two residents, one of whom has lived there since opened (May of 2007). Said they have never had any problems, wonderful landlords and actually quiet. I asked well, how can they be quiet w/Clinton Hwy, etc. Said you don't hear it once inside. He did point out the trailer park you are prob referring to...said while they have seen cops there, no one has had any incidents at Robin's Nest Apts, and no-one has ever complained that he is aware of. They came from W Knoxville, and he said pay about 150 a month less here for nicer place. At any rate...looks fine for temporary place, and maybe better than fine in several ways. Other resident basically said same as first, just not as much! Several of the places have yet to be lived in, which is what my sister is looking at (ground level).

Appreciate you taking the time to look it up and share what you know/think. I would prob say the surrounding housing is very rural, and smack in the middle of it are these brand new units.

Cheers!

Old 04-04-2008, 05:25 AM

Okay. If they are comfortable with it, then that is good. I have seen a lot of places that seemed a bit cheaper.

The area is not horrible, just a bit iffy. If you plan on taking Clinton Highway to work, though, I imagine they would be ideal.

Those apartments weren't built yesterday, though. If I were to guess, I would say they are about a year old, so they are not filling up. Perhaps they could negotiate a cheaper rent?

If they don't want to, that's fine, but I'm trying to think of all angles.

In any event, best of luck to her and her husband!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:44 AM

Thanks, Hiknapster, as always, food for thought. Sis/hubby are actually retired and need a place to "camp out" in until they figure out where they want to buy, and save a little money in the process. I agree that the approaching area is a little rough. But did ask several of the current residents, and all said they have enjoyed a quiet and undisturbed experience since moving in. Hubby is HUGE Vols fan, so they want to stay close to Neyland stadium.

It is difficult, apparently, to find decent housing (esp. furnished), that can be rented without signing a year's minimum lease. (added complication: 2 lap dogs) Something they are definitely trying to avoid. When you add up storage rental of your "stuff" plus current housing, it's a great motivator to do your homework and find your landing place!

We're not great about knowing areas around here yet, and they're worse off than us -- kind of like the "blind leading the blind" thing!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:52 AM

Those apartments are furnished?

I didn't notice that!

All in all, that is not a bad neighborhood. I think they will be fine there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville