Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2024, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,718 times

Advertisements

Next week I need to travel from NJ(EWR)-KY(Lexington)-NJ(EWR) for 2 days. I am looking for Air Travel which is not convenient as I need to take connection flights and price is high. Also while returning I need to take a flight after 7 PM to NJ. I am not getting any flight during that time. I looked at the near by airports which are higher price , or layover time is high, or not near by Airport (EWR ) where I am Living.

Considering my travel expenses and timing, I have another thought of travel by car which takes 10-12 hrs which is not preferable.

Any train facility? or anything? Any one recommend any other alternative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2024, 04:22 AM

15,065 posts, read 8,371,584 times
We have driven from Lexington to Baltimore and back in that time frame.
(starting out early in the morning and getting there in the evening hours).

But almost all of your time would be driving.

A lot of the college kids here like to use Megabus, because it is so cheap.
It would save you money, but it looks like maybe NYC is the closest stop to you.
Its a ten hour trip so it wouldn't save a lot of time.
(My Son told me it was popular when he was in college. I am sure other people other than college kids use it though).

No Amtrack or passenger trains in Lexington. I think Maysville or Cincy has one.
You could rent a car from there, it would only be a short drive under 2 hours or so.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 06-03-2024 at 04:46 AM..

Old 06-05-2024, 07:44 AM

15,065 posts, read 8,371,584 times
I know that they are probably close to being obsolete any more, but you might want to ask a travel agent.
I don't like to fly, so I have only flown out of Lexington several times when I really had no other choice.
Most flights from Lexington seem to have layovers, usually for only a brief time though.

Old Today, 10:45 PM

29,090 posts, read 30,571,545 times
I used to drive from PA to Bowling Green at least once a year...it took all of 13 hours....straight thru driving....and as Cat said, I would leave very early in the morning....then I started staying over night and the drive wasn't that bad...for me anyway....I drove from PA to Hurricane West Virginia...and stayed in a motel over night....which made the drive easier for me. It put me about 3 or 4 hours outside of Bowling Green, depending on where I stopped, then on the way back, I drove straight thru to Hagerstown, MD, stopped over night and drove the 3 hours home to PA the next morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky