Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 01:24 AM

20 posts, read 37,830 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.. Would you describe the area as intellectual? The university and hospitals are giving me hope. We did live in the state awhile back but I am trying to not to ignorantly think of Florida as bimbo women and spring break trash.. Do you live somewhere with a nice beach, elegant house, highly ranked school, friendly non judgmental people, good restaurants and cool kids? If so where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 04:24 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,140,425 times
I would say there is a good mix of all people in most of Florida. Some educated, some not. Some obnoxious, some friendly.. The feel around Jacksonville and St Johns county is hard because as many jerks as you may encounter there are equal amounts of good people.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:58 AM

661 posts, read 866,748 times
It's more like Texas than you think. Except there are more beaches. Good mix of people.

Old 03-24-2021, 08:15 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
Live in a nicer neighborhood (see: more expensive) and you'll generally steer clear of the less educated people. I say "generally" because on our neighborhood app, NextDoor, I absolutely *SHUDDER* at the stupidity of people who live in otherwise nice neighborhoods around us here in St Johns Co. It's astounding, really.

Old 03-24-2021, 10:36 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,244,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notatexan View Post
Hi everyone.. Would you describe the area as intellectual? The university and hospitals are giving me hope. We did live in the state awhile back but I am trying to not to ignorantly think of Florida as bimbo women and spring break trash.. Do you live somewhere with a nice beach, elegant house, highly ranked school, friendly non judgmental people, good restaurants and cool kids? If so where?
Neptune Beach.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:16 PM

661 posts, read 866,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Live in a nicer neighborhood (see: more expensive) and you'll generally steer clear of the less educated people. I say "generally" because on our neighborhood app, NextDoor, I absolutely *SHUDDER* at the stupidity of people who live in otherwise nice neighborhoods around us here in St Johns Co. It's astounding, really.
lol Nextdoor no matter what neighborhood. They should just call it Club Karen

Old 03-25-2021, 08:39 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
lol Nextdoor no matter what neighborhood. They should just call it Club Karen
It's the Karens with too much time on their hands and all the apparent Q'anon lunatics that I had no idea were so prevalent in our area. The County now posts information on vaccines through NextDoor....innocent enough, right? Well, all the Q conspiracy theorists feel like that is their time to post all this B.S. crap as replies to those posts about how the government is tracking us, how it causes infertility, brain abnormalities....you name it. Just total made-up nonsense. That's just one example, there are also daily posts that get into arguments about politics...it's exhausting, really. I used to say ND was like 30% useful and 70% garbage, I'd say it's more like 5/95 now.

I often wonder how in the world such people are able to hold down jobs. I mean, if you believe a tiny vial of liquid contains a tracking device, could you really perform the daily tasks of any type of job??? Crazy.....literally.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:06 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,318,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notatexan View Post

You sound rather snobbish for someone who wants to be around non-judgmental people.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:40 PM

65 posts, read 98,105 times
There is such a thing as being judgmental or snobbish and another thing of calling facts out as they are.

I agree Florida 2014, the laws of physics should not be up for debate and I recognize what you were referring to. Granted, some wording possibly offended, but at some point, fighting against dangerous lies is probably not snobbish, rather, it is an attempt to identify rubbish as the rubbish it is. Anything anyone says is somehow "fact."

Florida2014- it's everywhere. I'm shocked to see how many people nationwide are so willing to believe any crazy narrative as long as it vilifies a personal target. I don't get it either. I hope and pray and things change soon.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:30 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,418 times
Depends on where you live. Jacksonville is a mix of ghetto, cultured, snobbish, down to earth. Each of those vibes depends on where you live in Jacksonville. St. Johns is a little more chill. You won't find any ghetto areas in St. Johns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville