Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 04:56 PM

37 posts, read 95,365 times

Advertisements

Little History before I mention today's encounter. I live in a community where the houses are about 15 feet apart, very small lots. My neighbor's son is into hockey and has a goal setup at the garage end of their driveway. He is very dedicated to the sport and is always out there practicing. I have noticed several stray pucks that have hit my house in the past (left marks) and im more concerned about my cars being hit when I leave them out in the driveway. One day when I was cutting grass I found a puck in my front yard. I picked it up and knocked on the neighbor's door to speak with the father. I was relieved that he was willing to listen to my concern and look at the marks against my house and blah blah. He was very understanding and apologetic. He said he would speak to his son about being more aware of his surroundings when playing. He was concerned I was upset and etc.. I said I dont think I'm projecting being upset but more concerned about my cars/dents. I said thanks and went on my way. That was 3ish weeks ago and all has been well.

Well here is the encounter info. Today I was in my garage detailing my car and he stepped in my yard and asked if I had a sec? I said ok, I walked out (still in my yard) and he said Im just going to say it.... He immediately pointed out that he could buy me/sell me three times over if he wanted too and he would ruin my life (loud angry voice). He made sure to tell me he was a local dentist and etc... He proceeded to tell me that he wont take it and is up to the challenge. Then called me a f**king Ahole. So now I'm on the defensive and said my choice response of a F-U (yes I know, I should have taken the high road and just went back inside). He then said he was going to kick my ass over and over. He finally screamed what this was all about. He claims he found damage to his girlfriend's suv and also a puck was placed on the vehicle as a sign of whatever. I asked if he was accusing me and he said yah. I asked for his proof and he admitted he had none. Again, he is screaming like a mad man. A few more choice words between us then my wife came out and he instantly like a light switch went pleasant and introduced himself to her and was all nice. Then would instantly flip the switch and go back off on me, then switch to her all pleasant when she spoke. I finally just shut up in amazement. He offered to start over our neighbor relationship as if it was day one and act like none of this ever happened. Which I'm fine with since I have no clue about his puck/damage. He went on to give us the reason why he was renting in our neighborhood (ex took his money etc..). He reached out and shook my hand and then said he had to leave. He acted like nothing just happened. He walked back to his yard and got in his car and left. I do have a home security system with camera's and caught the video of all of it but no audio. I want to just laugh and forget it but im concerned if he does this again. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the long blah blah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 08:10 PM

725 posts, read 2,574,299 times
What a lunatic. He thinks you damaged his girlfriend's SUV. You can live peacefully next to them. Just wave like you're friends then avoid eye contact. Hopefully he won't rent there too long. He sounds like a nut job.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:41 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,513,530 times
Post the vids, or this never happened.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:46 PM

705 posts, read 1,578,158 times
Sounds like you may have another disgruntled neighbor. I'd try to find out who did it. Talk to any other neighbors that might be affected by the kids hockey pucks. If the guy knows for sure you didn't do it, he'll be fumbling all over himself to apologize and possibly make it up to you.

If you can't find out who did it, just try to put it behind you and move on. Honestly, based o what you said, I'd have thought it was you too. Good puck, ...I mean luck.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:03 PM

35 posts, read 138,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Post the vids, or this never happened.
This.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 AM

377 posts, read 879,017 times
I wonder if the neighbor even entertained a thought that it may have been his own son who damaged his gf's SUV...

Or it could be yet another neighbor who is also bothered by the hockey practices but has no guts to confront the father...

Old 07-19-2010, 08:51 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,515,410 times
Funny story here. We moved to JCP last Sept. and had nice neighbords for a while. Then their dog started crapping in my front yard. When my wife went to ask them to pick it up, they couldn't believe their dog would do something like that. From that point on, they told all the other neighbors how crazy we were and jackasses. Of course, I had the last laugh when they got foreclosed on in June. Good ridence!

Old 07-19-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
Funny story here. We moved to JCP last Sept. and had nice neighbords for a while. Then their dog started crapping in my front yard. When my wife went to ask them to pick it up, they couldn't believe their dog would do something like that. From that point on, they told all the other neighbors how crazy we were and jackasses. Of course, I had the last laugh when they got foreclosed on in June. Good ridence!
Yah, we have a few people here that let their dogs bust out of the front door to do their business as the owner comes home from work. I dont mind except for the surprise on the bottem of the shoe time to time lol.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoLight View Post
I wonder if the neighbor even entertained a thought that it may have been his own son who damaged his gf's SUV...

Or it could be yet another neighbor who is also bothered by the hockey practices but has no guts to confront the father...
I kinda thought the samething, im good friends with an immediate neighbor and he has mentioned the hockey puck being all over the place as well. So im sure the other neighbors are a little perved if not at least concerned. It just seems parents dont care what their children are doing as long as they are out of their house for a few hours lol. Previous neighbors on myside of the street (Thank Goodness) would allow their kids to pitch a baseball (not a soft nerf ball/tennis ball etc..) and hit it with a basebal bat into the street and the ball bounced off of several houses and cars all day long until someone finally called the cops. Our front yards are maybe 50 feet from house to street. oh well, gotta love living so close to each other.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:11 PM

139 posts, read 410,401 times
Your neighbor sounds like he's one more bad day away from being a headline, I would clean those lenses and not turn my back on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville