Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2019, 01:52 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It has been proven. You just choose not to believe it.
So say YOU!!!
Obviously you're someone who trusts their government to do what's right by them...take care of their health FOR them...tell them how to do it...when to do it....etc
Some of us are very capable of taking care of our OWN health, and are no doubt a LOT healthier because of it.
I know that bothers people like you, hard to fathom extreme health in an unvaccinated person (child and adult)...that's OK...you just go on believing in your vaccines if it gives you peace of mind.

Old 06-04-2019, 01:53 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
what a crock...do you worry at all about the children permanently damaged from vaccines too?...they are far more than the children who are compromised and can't have a vaccine.
About one in one million people will have a serious adverse reaction to a vaccine.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/shing...ildren-2634715

"A 2007 survey in the United States estimated “prevalence rates for diagnosed PID [primary immunodeficiency] as 1 in 2,000 for children, 1 in 1,200 for all persons, and 1 in 600 households.” Other surveys suggest that the prevalence rates might be even higher."

In addition, there are children with secondary immunodeficiency due to treatment for things like cancer.

Your statement is false.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
No, because they have ****ing vaccines.
I'll bet there are more people who've been vaccinated that catch measles than those who aren't.

When a large population of VACCINATED people catch measles...yes, it happens... the blame is immediately put on someone who wasn't vaccinated and catches it as well....the unvaccinated is used as a scapegoat for how the disease was introduced...nothing much ever said about how the fully vaccinated people STILL got it though....their slight consolation from the gov is that it will be less severe...too bad if the vaccine didn't work like they were told it would.

The last measles outbreak where i live was blamed on an adult at a workout center...other adults got it....course the news media immediately went on to say how important it was to make sure your CHILD is up to date on vaccines...nothing about adults who ARE just as contagious.....

What's the use of vaccinating children if the adults in their lives aren't....and MOST adults are NOT!!!
Less than 10% of Canadian adults are up to date on their shots.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
. However, I do worry for the ones who legitimately CAN'T get vaccinated. Big difference.
Do you also worry about the "ones" who never eat a decent meal.....the "ones" who are homeless....the ones who have no heat when it's cold?...the ones who can't afford warm clothes???the ones who have no clean water to drink?...or does your "worry" end with just vaccines.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
About one in one million people will have a serious adverse reaction to a vaccine.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/shing...ildren-2634715

"A 2007 survey in the United States estimated “prevalence rates for diagnosed PID [primary immunodeficiency] as 1 in 2,000 for children, 1 in 1,200 for all persons, and 1 in 600 households.” Other surveys suggest that the prevalence rates might be even higher."

In addition, there are children with secondary immunodeficiency due to treatment for things like cancer.

Your statement is false.
that "primary immunodeficiency" probably stared with a vaccine.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:43 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
I'll bet there are more people who've been vaccinated that catch measles than those who aren't.

When a large population of VACCINATED people catch measles...yes, it happens... the blame is immediately put on someone who wasn't vaccinated and catches it as well....the unvaccinated is used as a scapegoat for how the disease was introduced...nothing much ever said about how the fully vaccinated people STILL got it though....their slight consolation from the gov is that it will be less severe...too bad if the vaccine didn't work like they were told it would.

The last measles outbreak where i live was blamed on an adult at a workout center...other adults got it....course the news media immediately went on to say how important it was to make sure your CHILD is up to date on vaccines...nothing about adults who ARE just as contagious.....

What's the use of vaccinating children if the adults in their lives aren't....and MOST adults are NOT!!!
You will lose your bet. Rockland County, NY, current measles outbreak:

County of Rockland, New York :: Measles Information

Of the people with known vaccination status, 91% have had no measles vaccine. Only about 3.6% were fully vaccinated. The people who started the outbreak were unvaccinated and caught measles in Israel.

Of course adults should be vaccinated, too, but the risk of getting measles is about 3 in 100 if you have had two doses of vaccine, no booster required. The reason to vaccinate children is because the risk of getting measles if you are totally unvaccinated is about 90 out of 100.

Quote:
Do you also worry about the "ones" who never eat a decent meal.....the "ones" who are homeless....the ones who have no heat when it's cold?...the ones who can't afford warm clothes???the ones who have no clean water to drink?...or does your "worry" end with just vaccines.
Why does advocacy for vaccines mean there is no interest in other issues? No logic in that.

Quote:
that "primary immunodeficiency" probably stared with a vaccine.
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...munodeficiency

"Primary immunodeficiency results from genetic mutations (changes). It is usually inherited."

Old 06-04-2019, 05:11 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
So say YOU!!!
Obviously you're someone who trusts their government to do what's right by them...take care of their health FOR them...tell them how to do it...when to do it....etc
Some of us are very capable of taking care of our OWN health, and are no doubt a LOT healthier because of it.
I know that bothers people like you, hard to fathom extreme health in an unvaccinated person (child and adult)...that's OK...you just go on believing in your vaccines if it gives you peace of mind.
I couldn't care less what your opinion is. What I care about are facts.

An intelligent person trying to rebut something like herd immunity (which is a proven fact) would cite some kind of scientific authority for that proposition. I would expect to see the citation to a medical journal article or a study of some sort. Most people realize that the statement "so say you" means absolutely nothing.

You may or may not be able to take care of your own health. However, when you acquire an infectious disease unless you are willing to go live by yourself on a deserted island you are placing other people at risk. Some people may not be able to take a vaccine for a disease because of medically proven allergies or they make take the vaccine and be part of a small group that does not acquire immunity. Because of that, when you become sick it has implications for all those in your community.

It is more than just a personal issue whether you are capable of admitting that or not.

That is why I will continue to support compulsory vaccination laws and work for elimination of personal belief exemptions.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:30 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
What the **** does this have to do with anything in this thread?

Quote:

How often are vaccinated people getting these diseases?

Quote:
what a crock...do you worry at all about the children permanently damaged from vaccines too?...they are far more than the children who are compromised and can't have a vaccine.
The supposed cases of autism? How many children really are permanently damaged?

Old 06-06-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I couldn't care less what your opinion is.

right back at you....yours mean nothing to me.
Your phony "facts" mean nothing to me.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
What the **** does this have to do with anything in this thread?

How often are vaccinated people getting these diseases?

The supposed cases of autism? How many children really are permanently damaged?
It highlights your PHONY concerns.

Lots of vaccinated people get diseases...many times for the very disease they were vaccinated for.

do some research instead of relying and believing gov and CDC web sites...it's amazing that you actually believe that only few children are seriously damaged or die from vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City