Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,073 times

Advertisements

I know that there are a bunch of people posting about real estate success goals for 2007 on the net and in all the real estate forums. But I wanted to add my 2 cents.

How will you measure success in real estate this year?

I’d really like to hear from all the real estate investors on here. I think hearing from everyone about their real estate investing success mission this year will give each of us a swift kick to get it moving and make this our year! lol

I also think that if we all share our goals for 2007, that it will help each of us learn from one another and think outside of the box a little bit.

So please - post on here about your real estate investing success goals for 2007.

Be specific (as specific as you can be without giving away any trade secrets.
"If you're going to be thinking, you might as well think BIG." Donald Trump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,058 times
Okay here's my goal… My main goal for this next year is to expand my operations into at least one nearby city, probably Lubbock, TX. I want to mentor/partner with someone in that area, and build mainly a wholesaling business there with them. My vision is to expand my wholesaling operations into 4-5 cities by the end of 2008, 15 by the end of 2009. All the while, still doing 70-90 houses a year in my own town. And to make my goals I’ve been using a program that a “big wig” friend of mine in the industry referred to me (No, I can’t tell you my friends name-he would kill me for putting his name on a forum!) The system he told me about is called The Building Wealth System I found it at through a company called REI Conferences. . I have been very impressed by these materials and the companies willingness to share information. Most of the gurus in this business who know anything are so guarded with all the “meat and potatoes” information. This Charrissa gal who is a part of REI doesn’t seem to hold anything back…this has taken me further along in my business that I ever thought was possible-in just a few months…

Old 08-10-2007, 11:57 AM

3 posts, read 6,618 times
Thanks Arianna for sharing that information its nice to be nice.

Pepp

Old 08-11-2007, 06:50 AM

739 posts, read 830,373 times
OK, I've just got to ask - how old are you two and how many years have you been doing this?

Old 08-11-2007, 09:41 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,167,692 times
LOL & ROTF ... 70-90 properties per year, locally?

I've got several friends who are pro broker/property investors, own their own 70-100 agent RE brokerages, have an in-house finance affiliation ... you get the picture, seasoned RE pros for at least 30 years. They "try" to do one deal per month ... that's 12 properties per year ... and that's the limit of their ability to find and acquire good deals.

OH, and these folks each married into family money where they had access to substantial funds to fund their efforts and launch their RE careers ....

So someone can just take a seminar and know how to profitably turn 70+ deals per year? and, at the same time, work up 15 franchises, too? Something just doesn't sound right here ....

Old 08-11-2007, 10:23 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,213,099 times
Duh...like other financially experienced posters I would love to know the details, and feel free to summarize the business case and process.

Thanks.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:18 PM

739 posts, read 830,373 times
Uh huh. Could see that one coming a mile away. Another case of "Masters of the Universe Wannabees" who've been reading again.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead_Broker View Post
Uh huh. Could see that one coming a mile away. Another case of "Masters of the Universe Wannabees" who've been reading again.
I'm not sure what was my favorite part of the posting, the reference to the "big wigs" and "gurus" or the part about mentoring, with no personal experience themselves.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:38 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,167,692 times
Instant Expertise ...

I was stuck in SLC late last year and the hotel I was staying at had a "real estate investing seminar" hosted by ________, with a "free buffet dinner" if you'd sign up for the seminar.

So I signed up, and got the glorified snacks for a meal. Got to meet a few of the expert "trainers", and I noticed that they kinda' shy'ed away from me as they found out I was a seasoned real estate investor. They seemed to latch onto the new to the business people and played up on the dream of instant wealth using their system and bird-dogging distress deals in the area.

Anyway, I knew we were off to a bad start when the warm-up speaker demanded that we commit to staying put in our seats for the 3-4 hour presentation, turn our mobile phones off, and give them undivided attention.

Then they lead off with a 30 minute rah-rah session about wealth and money and all the good things in life we'd been missing without having an abundance of money. They showcased a couple of folks who'd made a lot of money in the first few weeks of working with their real estate system. Then they talked about how some very poor (but nice) folks had their lives transformed by the "system" with all the money they'd made in a short time. Then they tried to tell us about all the good things we could buy and the vacation time we'd have in exclusive resorts with all the money we'd be making. Then they asked us all ... repeatedly, now a show of hands ... if we could use a lot more money in our lives.

Well, 45 minutes into the presentation they hadn't talked about anything except all the money we were all going to make. They did finally disclose that we'd have to sign up for their program, which required $4,800 up front for the training and membership participation ... but it was really free, because we'd get back all of our up-front money on the very first deal we'd complete with them.

Anyway, I'd had my fill of the religious fervor money revival at that point, my butt was getting tired in the jammed together seating .... and I felt my mobile phone getting an incoming call which I'd been waiting all day for. So I made for the doorways, guarded by the other "trainers" ... I feigned intestinal distress and made it out the door to the comfort of my room.

I had made the mistake of giving them my real contact information, and received numerous follow up .... very urgent .... phone calls and voice mails for months. At least I only gave them one of my mobile numbers, so they didn't get to me too frequently. I apparently missed out on a whole bunch of seminars in other areas, which caused me to miss out on all those money making opportunities they had waiting for me.

In retrospect, the "free dinner" wasn't worth the time, but the revelation of the fervor tactics about money was hilarious. I can see how folks might get taken in .... major MLM marketing programs didn't have anything on this outfit.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:18 PM

Yep, Sunsprit, and I was interested to see how this was going to be portrayed as different from your experience. I had a coworker who attended the seminar about three years ago in Ohio, and said pretty much the same as you conveyed in your posting.

It has be 6 months since arianna707 posted, I would have loved to read her follow up message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing